cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Day 3 of Unsuccessful Activation - Cannot even submit ticket to mod

geminist
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

Today is day 3 of unsuccessful activation. Phone still does not work. Have restarted more times than I can acount. Cannot even login into my account - when I try to 'forgot password', it makes me type my email two times and takes me to the next page where I'm told to type my email a third time before telling me there is an error. I have already gone through the reigistration page with the SIM activation, it said there was an error the first time. I tried a second time and it says 'Invalid SIM'. I was advise to submit a ticket to a Mod. I have filled out all the info and the ticket still won't submit. At this point, please advise on what to do.

They have already charged the credit card for the first month of service.

13 REPLIES 13

geminist

From my understanding, the mod said he just had to send a ticket to IT to activate my SIM and it worked shortly after that. So I guess it was a matter of activating the SIM?

buiya
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@geminist wrote:

Thank you so much for all your help, everyone! My phone with Public Mobile is finally working! 🙂

I sent a direct message to the Mod and someone got in touch with me to verify my identity, asked me to try my SIM card on another device to see if I could send/receive calls/texts (it didn't work on the other device, either) so I let them know and then another mod responded back that a request was sent to IT to activate my SIM. Shortly after that, it worked!

Then I went to 'Create Account' and was able to create my self-serve account (since my phone was working now so I was able to receive a text message to enter the 6-digit number).

Happy new year everyone! Appreciate this wonderful community for being so prompt with responses to help out and putting up with my initial frustrations. Thank you! Onwards to 2020!

Did they say what was causing this?

geminist

Thank you so much for all your help, everyone! My phone with Public Mobile is finally working! 🙂

I sent a direct message to the Mod and someone got in touch with me to verify my identity, asked me to try my SIM card on another device to see if I could send/receive calls/texts (it didn't work on the other device, either) so I let them know and then another mod responded back that a request was sent to IT to activate my SIM. Shortly after that, it worked!

Then I went to 'Create Account' and was able to create my self-serve account (since my phone was working now so I was able to receive a text message to enter the 6-digit number).

Happy new year everyone! Appreciate this wonderful community for being so prompt with responses to help out and putting up with my initial frustrations. Thank you! Onwards to 2020!

geminist

Thanks, @totalUser . Will keep this in mind.

geminist

Thanks for all your help, @totalUser ! Much appreciated!

Hi @geminist 

One more thing I forgot to mention

They ask not to send more than one message and to wait 48 hours before contacting them again. If it happens that you don't get response in 48 hours please start the subject with URGENT no service for 5 days.

I've read that if you send too many messages they may have more than one person on it which may actually delay resolution as they would have to consolidate and pull all the lose ends.

Unfortunate I can't find much about response times these days, the last one I saw is 2 days as old and the claim is it's more than 4 hours.

Just heads up

@ChuckYeah I thought the same thing to setup the self-serve but the phone doesn't work so there would be no code arriving by sms. It looks like the moderators would have to create it or get the phone working so that code can be received.

I doubt that a person in the store would be able to help either as the tech support would really be needed.

I hope they reply soon, I checked and I'm getting 404 error when trying to access ticket system, so at the moment direct message with all it's drawbacks seems to be the way to proceed.

@geminist look out for the envelope sign in the top right corner, they will ask you to authenticate and you will have to respond asap that you don't have access to your account. Have your credit card number handy as well as access to email that you used to activate.

Hope you get it up and running soon

@geminist So a couple of things to consider:

1. When your sim activation fails, your sim may be invalid for about an hour. Have you tried the activation process again since. https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

2. Have you tried to set up your self serve account recently. It may have failed and therefore you cannot reset a password that was not registered, https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

3. Did you're credit card show a charge? If so, disregard step 1.

Just some thoughts while you wait for @CS_Agent to respond.

Good luck, sorry you've had so much trouble.

@geminist wrote:

Thanks, @totalUser . Will do.

Just to make sure your request for support gets answered, I suggest clearing the browser cache and trying the ticketing process again.  The direct way of sending private message does not generate a ticket number.  The several times I tried sending in a private message directly were totally unsucessful in garnering a response.  Not sure why, it seems like messages without a ticket number go unanswered. 

geminist

I just did a quick search and found some Public Mobile stores nearby. Thanks @Staliger , will try them next.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@geminist wrote:

Hi there,

Today is day 3 of unsuccessful activation. Phone still does not work. Have restarted more times than I can acount. Cannot even login into my account - when I try to 'forgot password', it makes me type my email two times and takes me to the next page where I'm told to type my email a third time before telling me there is an error. I have already gone through the reigistration page with the SIM activation, it said there was an error the first time. I tried a second time and it says 'Invalid SIM'. I was advise to submit a ticket to a Mod. I have filled out all the info and the ticket still won't submit. At this point, please advise on what to do.

They have already charged the credit card for the first month of service.

Are there any PM stores close to you? If so, you can also try to go there and ask a seller for help.

geminist

Thanks, @totalUser . Will do.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @geminist 

Try directly

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Have enough info handy to show that you are account holder

Best luck

Need Help? Let's chat.