cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

DarcyDueck
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a basic My Plan which is $15 per 30 days. I don't want it to have data, but it seems to automatically provide it. I am manually paying each month. How do I get it to stop giving me data?

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@DarcyDueck 

No you can’t remove data on the $15 plan.

Some apps will require data to work properly when you are not connected to wifi.

If you want to reduce your plan cost, just join AutoPay to reduce your monthly payment to $13/month.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@DarcyDueck wrote:

I have a basic My Plan which is $15 per 30 days. I don't want it to have data, but it seems to automatically provide it. I am manually paying each month. How do I get it to stop giving me data?

@DarcyDueck - don't worry, if this is for someone you are afraid they will go over their Plan Data and get charged, they won't once it is used up, it just stops working, until the plan renews again.

NO Overage Fees here.

If this is for a child that you do not want access to data for. Then either disable DATA on their device, OR, enable it when the plan renews, turn off WIFI and stream some videos to just let it run out...OR, do a speed test or two. Data should run out in no time.

That $15 PLAN is different that it give data regardless of Autopay, so why not enable Autopay anyway for the $2 reward. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DarcyDueck 

don't worry about it if open your data or not 

when your data limit used all, is will be off until next renewal cycle,

at public mobile 30 day Prepaid Service No fees extra charges,

plus Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days. save money and safe and secure 100%.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DarcyDueck : You can't. It's hard-coded into the plan regardless of autopay...even though that's what it says.

You can still put in some kind of payment card to get the free, easy $2 though and still pay manually. You can use a spent-out prepaid "credit" card gift card to fulfill that.

Need Help? Let's chat.