cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

CaesarWong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I joined Public Mobile a few days ago and have been using a minimal amount of data. Today I received a report that I have used up 75% of my 250 MB data already. This is absurd. When I checked my profile, I noticed Public Mobile has put my region to be BC. I am a resident in ON and have not travelled out of ON during the pandemic. I re-set my region to ON when I noticed the mistake.

2/ Can Public Mobile look into my complaint and rectify it accordingly. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@CaesarWong  You can easily verify your data usage by going into your phone's data usage settings change the start date to be your plan's start date. You can determine how much data was used and the apps that used the data.

@CaesarWong wrote:

I joined Public Mobile a few days ago and have been using a minimal amount of data. Today I received a report that I have used up 75% of my 250 MB data already. This is absurd. When I checked my profile, I noticed Public Mobile has put my region to be BC. I am a resident in ON and have not travelled out of ON during the pandemic. I re-set my region to ON when I noticed the mistake.

2/ Can Public Mobile look into my complaint and rectify it accordingly. Thank you.

250MB data is vey little data and can be used in less than a minute, especially when just beocming a customer. For the first 48 hours, you get full speed LTE. By any chance did you run the speedtest.net app?  The address on your account makes no difference for data usage.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CaesarWong  - Are you absolutely sure that you have not used up your data?  Any chance you did a speed test?  That uses up a significant amount of data.  Also, apps are always using data.  Unless you have disabled apps from running in the background, or from using cell data, that could be the cause.

Need Help? Let's chat.