cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage

smappleb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Until I get a handle on my data usage through a turbo hub, servicing 3 security cameras only, I bought the base plan providing 250 mb of data. I quickly used that up during the hub configuration process using a laptop, so I bought 1gb of data add on plan. That got used up as well, but there are no details as to how the 1 gb was used, just shows what is left (now nothing). I can view usage through my basic plan, but that shows there is no way a gb was used by the cameras only. Does anybody know how I can see the details of my data usage through the data add on purchase? I'm trying to settle on the right plan for me, but I need to know only the camera usage and ignore the excessive initial configuration usage.

8 REPLIES 8

@Yojimbo39   sound to me you are looking at  your phone.

please note that your phone is working on Monthly stat.. and not 30 days cycle like PM.  you will have to manually change it every month or use a 3rd party app

your Mobile Data tracker should be similar to this... simple change the first day of the cycle to match the first day of the 30 days PM cycle:

Android-DataLimit.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yojimbo39 : From your descriptions, that's a peculiar number to see. Are you looking at your phone or are you looking at the self-serve here? The self-serve overview page is the one that matters. Your phone might be out of sync with the 30 day plans of this place.

Yojimbo39

This is my first usage of community though I've been a PM subscriber for 2 1/2 years now. I have a 1g data plan. I watch my data usage whenever I need it, and only the basics. On the 28th day, I reached the 80% mark. My Pixel was turned to wifi only. But at the beginning of the new month, instead of zero (reset) or 800mb, I'm seeing 2.39gb. Is this a combined summary of data and wifi?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@smappleb wrote:

Until I get a handle on my data usage through a turbo hub, servicing 3 security cameras only, I bought the base plan providing 250 mb of data. I quickly used that up during the hub configuration process using a laptop, so I bought 1gb of data add on plan. That got used up as well, but there are no details as to how the 1 gb was used, just shows what is left (now nothing). I can view usage through my basic plan, but that shows there is no way a gb was used by the cameras only. Does anybody know how I can see the details of my data usage through the data add on purchase? I'm trying to settle on the right plan for me, but I need to know only the camera usage and ignore the excessive initial configuration usage.

@smappleb 

The View My Usage history area showing details is not live/immediate usage. It takes about 12 hours or overnight to show the DATA portion of this history.

The Overview Area IS much more LIVE usage. So that will always give you your remaining amount. OR, of course not show up, if all consumed.

smappleb

Ill try that, thanks

smappleb

Thanks for that. I didn't think to check if there was a time limit on the data usage. I'll do that but thought it was simply a byte limit. If the cameras detect an "event" they record it on the hub and send a notification through the app that I might want to login and have a look. So no live feed. For the most part, an event notification seems to use only a few mbs of data and an app viewing uses around 10mbs of data. Nothing significant compared against the gigabyte purchased. Maybe I need to revisit the camera configurations. There are 4 users of the app with access to the cameras, so maybe if they don,t log out of the app, they continue to use data. Not sure. I'll just make sure they all log out of the app if they are not using it. As you can tell, I just know enough to be dangerous, but will figure it out eventually

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@smappleb  how many days does the 1GB last?  yes, video feed can eat up your data really fast.. are the video feed on demand or activate when it detects acton ? or constant live feed?  anyway.. video feed eats up data really quick.. and you said you have 3

You can check the usage at Plan and Add-Ons, Usage history, pick the date you want.. or last 7 days , then click on Call Type to sort it.. look for Web

E-MyAcc-DataUsage.png

of course depends on the camera.. but for example, Wyze Cam needs 1 -  2 Mb per minute for SD and 4 - 7Mb for HD

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

When you view your usage history it is arranged by date.  Log into your account then under data & add-ons click on view my usage then on next screen click on usage history.

Need Help? Let's chat.