cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage

jayc33m
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activate my prepaid sim card today . Run a speed test using Speedtest app on data twice. Turn off data. Check my data usage 422 mb. I verified the mobile data usage on my android phone 400 mb for Speedtest app. Speedtest uses less than 15 mb to to test . Please advice how to dispute data usage. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@jayc33m wrote:

I activate my prepaid sim card today . Run a speed test using Speedtest app on data twice. Turn off data. Check my data usage 422 mb. I verified the mobile data usage on my android phone 400 mb for Speedtest app. Speedtest uses less than 15 mb to to test . Please advice how to dispute data usage. Thanks

Speedtest does not use just 15MB to test. Who said that?  One test can do 422MB.  And when you sign up, speed is real LTE for 2 days.  You did use that data.  Speedtest uses more data when connection is fast.  If connection is very fast, you could use 1000 MB doing one test. 

jayc33m
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@jayc33m 

The data counter on Public Mobile is fairly accurate.  Your data speed is unthrottled in the first few days.  So, speed tests usually use up a lot of data.  Previous customers have tried this and found out the hard way.  

You could contact moderator and see what they can do for you. 

Need Help? Let's chat.