cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage

munimerani
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to know why so much data was suddenly used this month.

What is date for next billing cycle?

Can I add minimum data for this billing cycle?

6 REPLIES 6

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@munimerani On Samsung, you can check settings>Connections>Data Usage>Mobile Data Usage.

You can also check your account on data usage and when your 30 days cycle ends.

@munimerani @esjliv 

If you have an iPhone, you can enable Low Data Mode but it tasks will be put on pause. Go to setting>Cellular>Cellular Data Options>enable Low Data Mode.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@munimerani wrote:

I want to know why so much data was suddenly used this month.

What is date for next billing cycle?

Can I add minimum data for this billing cycle?

Hi @munimerani ,

One time I left my wifi off for a couple days without realizing it - ZAP, there goes my data!

Check your usage in your SELF SERVE to see if that can give you any clues.

Check out this help article about Managing your Data:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/managing-your-data-usage

If you are an android user, I recommend downloading the Data Witness app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iwik.datawitnesspm&hl=en_CA&gl=US

I use it, it is pretty simple, but very useful.

If you are Apple, I am sure they have an app to track data usage by 30 days as well, check that out.

Good luck!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@munimerani 

I might check to ensure high usage apps are not using data in background while idle.

Make sure mobile data is OFF when in wi-fi zones.

Also make sure wi-fi assist features are not set to allow device to convert connection to mobile data when wi-fi signals are weak.  

Essentially, the ability to control data usage is entirely within your own device and how you wish it to operate and be used.

Hope these suggestions are helpful!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

you can add some data add-on, there don't expire and stay there until it is all used up

softech_0-1614212561586.png

also, since PM is using 30 days cycle and most phone's build in data counter only count monthly, you might want to download 3rd party app

On Android, I use Data Counter Widget

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@munimerani , renewal cycles are 30 days.  You will need to check your account to see the start date.  Generally, data tracking is available on your phone on a per app basis.  In the self serve you can check day and time in which data is consumed.  

Need Help? Let's chat.