cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

Am just clarifying my data plan. I bought just a few weeks ago, the 90-day plan, with province wide calling, unlimited global text, 3 + 3GB BONUS at 3G Speed /90 days. 

Would this mean, my data is 2GB per month or is it 6GB total for per month?

It shows up on my account I have 6GB, but I wasn't sure if the amount is for all 3 months, or whatever is not used in the first month, it gets carried over to the 2nd and 3rd month?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks
m

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kman wrote:

Hi i am not trying to be rude make fun of or be negative about anyone answering ,however if you really have no idea there is no need to answer. It just makes things more confusing for the individual asking the question.  Thanks

@kman noted.

I'm also not trying to be rude make fun of or be negative about anyone making suggestions to people trying to help, however there's really no need to weigh in on a thread that has been dormant for 7.5 months unless you have something to add.  Thanks

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

kman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi i am not trying to be rude make fun of or be negative about anyone answering ,however if you really have no idea there is no need to answer. It just makes things more confusing for the individual asking the question.  Thanks

srlawren

@stonechucker it's also possible I'm incorrect as I've never run out either.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren,  hmm.. maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought it was in the usage history also.

I've never been in the position to notice it, so I'll believe you on this, as I can't reproduce it 🙂

Thanks for correcting my information.

srlawren

@stonechucker rememeber, it only disappears out of the my add-ons section of the overview page.  The way @mpcdesign worded it, it sounds like they may have gone through their usage history and added up data usage totals for each day.  [This info doesn't disappear, even when you've used up all your data.]  I could be wrong though.

@dsstorms, your post doesn't make sense, as if you are actually out of data, your data usage would have already disappeared from your Self-Serve account information.

This is standard process, when someone uses all of their data.

You'll need to contact the @CS_Agent via private message to get this resolved if you are still without data.

dsstorms
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello

I"m on the 12 GB for 90 days (6GB) bonus.

I"m out of data but I've been away for 6 weeks of the 12 and I've reviewed the data histroy and I did not get to 12GB.

Help!

mimmo

i would install an app called mydatamanager it does 90 plans ad cann give you warnings if you go over your daily data budget (data remaining/days remaining)

skmkenn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The data allotment you have with your plan covers the entire 90 day period.

There are a few different ways that you can look at this:

Standard usage scenario: This is the easiest to keep track of as you can easily track, and in the case of Android devices set a data limit that will warn you and shut off your data at a certain amount which will reset every month. This tends to be the calculation that most users go by when using a 90-day plan.

Calculating the amount of data available per month:

6 GB divided over 3 months = 2 GB of data usage per month

Flex usage scenario: Let's say that you're going light on your phone this month, but in the second month you do some travelling and wind up using more data on the go, and then on the third month your usage drops down a bit.

Calculating the amount of data available per month:

First month: Use 1 GB, leaving 5 GB available for the next two months.

Second month: Use 3 GB, so you have 2 GB available for the next month.

Third month: Use the remaining 2 GB that is available

Another scenario would be that you use up all 6 GB of data on your plan before your next renewal date -- in this case, you will still be able to call and text but your data services will no longer function. You can purchase a 200 MB data add-on for $10, or a 1 GB data add-on for $30, or if it's really early into your plan (say you've run out of data a month and a half in) you can request that it be renewed early via a private message to the moderator team. For an early renewal, you will need to have sufficient funds on your account to cover the cost of your plan.

Personally, I think these plans are great because they give you the flexibility to use your data as you want to. 

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@mpcdesign you have 6gb of data available during the 90 days period. 

You can use all 6gb on day one and then have nothing left for 89 days or you can pace yourself and use any amount within 6gb you want each month. Let's say you use only 1gb the first 30 days, you will still have 5gb left for next 60 days. 

Need Help? Let's chat.