cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage is very wrong

zombiesilva
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi There,

I keep going over my 6G monthly data limit within the second week of service. This month I reset my cellular data history on my iphone to monitor my usage. I am currently at 2.5G and public mobile has stopped my data. Previously I've had to purchase an add on. I would like a refund for the previous add on I've had to purchase, and would like my data to be re-instated.

Is there anyone I can speak to regarding this concern?

Thank you for your considerations

8 REPLIES 8

Bubbly100
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Be sure to keep track off all the data the apps you use, use. Especially apps that run stuff in the background can add up. Also in my opinion web browser and social media websites take the most data since they show a lot of images and videos. Make sure to set a data saver option if there is one in the apps you frequently use so they don't fully load all pictures and videos while you are scrolling. Good luck!! 

trishe
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When you said you keep going over your data limit...are you aware that some apps work in the background even when you are not using your phone? To be more frugal  try turning data off whenever you are not using it.  That stops glutinous apps such as Facebook's from gobbling data...when you use data what are you primarily using it for?  If you use Netflix at all, be sure to go into their settings & reduce the resolution to standard instead of high definition.  YouTube can use about a gig an hour...HD Netflix gobbles 5 gigs an hour! ...hope this helps you

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@zombiesilva wrote:

Hi There,

I keep going over my 6G monthly data limit within the second week of service. This month I reset my cellular data history on my iphone to monitor my usage. I am currently at 2.5G and public mobile has stopped my data. Previously I've had to purchase an add on. I would like a refund for the previous add on I've had to purchase, and would like my data to be re-instated.

Which plan are you on? I asked because there are some plans that incude 2.5GB.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@zombiesilva wrote:

Hi There,

Aren't you getting text notifications at 75% and 95%? Did you block receiving texts from 611 or 100?

There was an issue with data not resetting properly on renewal night a month or two ago. But examine all your data usage on the usage pages and add them all up from your renewal day (not month) and see if it makes sense. You would need to be on top of the settings in your phone to be sure you're matching the counter. Not many do.

Also, maybe you have blocked data at a certain consumption point so as to avoid previous carrier overages. There are no overages here.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@zombiesilva wrote:

Hi There,

"This month" do you mean like on July 1st? Or do you mean on Day 1 of your 30 day cycle? If it is the former then you likely used the other 3.5GB before July 1st. If it is the latter, perhaps some of your apps updated before you reset it unless you happened to reset right when the package refreshed.

I found with my Android that not all Apps are tracked by my usage monitor. What clued me on that was one of my apps did that happy popup "Hey I've updated, check out what is new" and it was dated the day before yet when I looked at my wifi and data usage history it was no where to be found in the list. Not sure if it was just being stealthy or if some apps have the ability to bypass the monitor. Either way, if I never turn on my data in a 30 day period I still manage to use about 10 MB of data. Apps don't always do as they are told!

@zombiesilvaYou would need to talk to a Moderator via this link about your concerns. However what does your usage say in your selfserve account?

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Never go by what your phone says and always check-in to your self serve account to keep track of data. Apps can suck up a lot of data so you can try turning them off to keep from using your data. Since PM is a prepaid service there is no refund to be had. Once you have hit your limit, that is it.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@zombiesilva wrote:

Hi There,

@zombiesilva  Best to notify PM for help with this issue.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Need Help? Let's chat.