cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage in Europe

Ottawa007
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Are the add-on plans for travelling to the Europe? I am going for a vacation in the summer.

11 REPLIES 11

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Ottawa007You can even buy European SIM cards off Amazon.ca and be prepared so you don't have to rush around finding one when you land. European plans gives you more data, but it is not necessarily that much cheaper than Canada.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geopublic wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

(I'm getting tired of these placeholder replies...not that anybody needs to care what I think)

The dialogue box was empty after I posted...not sure where it went. Didn't do it to placehold at all.

I can give a benefit of the doubt.

When I see those I think "cheater". What I think is happening is that someone hits reply, hits quote, hits post, hits Edit Reply and then takes their sweet time typing up a proper reply. But then afterwards it looks like they were first to reply.

Oh well. It's not the end of the world. It's just that I saw the effect twice today from two different people and so said something. Not that anybody needs to care what I think.

Speaking from experience in my case it's "fat finger" on my mobile or "speed kills" on my laptop. Smiley Happy

You were the other one. Oh well. Not the end of the world. Like I said, I can give some benefit of the doubt.

@Ottawa007 wrote:

Are the add-on plans for travelling to the Europe? I am going for a vacation in the summer.

Along with the option of getting a sim card from a carrier at the place you are visiting, you can also use free Wi-Fi internet connections to keep in rouch with people. Unfortunately, neither of these things will allow others to contact you using the phone number that they are used to.  The security of an open networked internet connection may also be of concern.

@Anonymous wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

(I'm getting tired of these placeholder replies...not that anybody needs to care what I think)

The dialogue box was empty after I posted...not sure where it went. Didn't do it to placehold at all.

When I see those I think "cheater". What I think is happening is that someone hits reply, hits quote, hits post, hits Edit Reply and then takes their sweet time typing up a proper reply. But then afterwards it looks like they were first to reply.

Oh well. It's not the end of the world. It's just that I saw the effect twice today from two different people and so said something. Not that anybody needs to care what I think.

Speaking from experience in my case it's "fat finger" on my mobile or "speed kills" on my laptop. Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hairbag1 wrote:

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Ottawa007 wrote:

@Ottawa007  If you are going to Europe you are going to have to use a prepaid plan from the country that you are going to be in. The good news is that Europe plans and prices are way better than what we [fill in the blank] pay here.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ottawa007 wrote:

Public Mobile only works in Canada or if you Roam in the states.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Ottawa007 wrote:

No not with public mobile..but have a look here....https://www.gigsky.com/gigsky-data-sim-for-cellular-data-everywhere-you-travel/#coverage and here https://www.giffgaff.com/roaming-charges  data is less expensive in Europe....have a nice trip!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ottawa007 wrote:

Public Mobile only works in Canada or if you Roam in the states.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Ottawa007 wrote:

There are no add-ons for use anywhere other than USA and Canada. To call / text home, you can use a free app like TextNow to send texts and talk for gratis. There's other apps available, but I've used that one and am happy with it.

Good luck and safe travles.

Need Help? Let's chat.