cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data switchover

Jeffrey21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all, 

I just switched over the Public and everything seems to be going fine except my data wont switch to Public from the previous provider. I have entered the APN and restarted my phone numerous times and it still lists my previous provider. My screen does not show the MMSC or MMS fields so I have nowhere to input that information. This is the second phone we have set up in the last couple days, the other one switched fine, but this one is a no go. Any ideas?  its an iphone 6S

5 REPLIES 5

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Jeffrey21 wrote:

Hi all, 

I just switched over the Public and everything seems to be going fine except my data wont switch to Public from the previous provider. I have entered the APN and restarted my phone numerous times and it still lists my previous provider. My screen does not show the MMSC or MMS fields so I have nowhere to input that information. This is the second phone we have set up in the last couple days, the other one switched fine, but this one is a no go. Any ideas?  its an iphone 6S

Hi @Jeffrey21 if you are still having issues, check out this link 

https://devicesupport.swisscom.ch/apple/iphone-6s-ios12/network-connectivity/select-a-network/  I hope this helps.

Welcome to Public Mobile and the Community!  Cheers!  1

@Jeffrey21 

1. From the home screen navigate to Settings>General>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings
If prompted enter your passcode
3. Tap Reset Network Settings
4. Restart your phone

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Jeffrey21  Try resetting the network settings on your iPhone. You don't need to set the APN setting for that phone.

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Jeffrey21  Plug phone into computer and attempt to activate device in iTunes. 

Also restart phone if you haven't. Try one of the other Public sims in this phone to see if it's the phone or the service.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jeffrey21 wrote:

Hi all, 

@Jeffrey21   I know nothing about Iphones but you could try updating your Iphone via ITunes.  I think that has been suggested before. 

Have you tried your SIM in the other phone?  Is it also an Iphone?

Need Help? Let's chat.