cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data stop working

Carrier2019
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a plan that gives me 8.5 gigs

a month and every first of the month the payment comes off my credit card, but for some reason my data stop working  at 3.5 gigs, have no idea why,my number is 7****** can someone please help me with this problem, I don't know what to do?

POST EDITED: HIDING PERSONAL INFORMATION - @stonechucker 

16 REPLIES 16

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Carrier2019 wrote:

My plan is set for the 1st of each month but I lost my data use at 3.5

When I have 8.5 at my disposal, lost on the 7th of March,really hate dealing with this crap,wanna switch to a different user can't get the help I need,plus it changed the billing date for me to the 15th  without my

Consent took the money off my credit cards no consent somebody please help me 

Your plan renews every 30 days so the date will always change. When you login into your self serve account it displays your next renewal date and time  The only way the renewal date will change from the 30 days is if you made a change to your plan and chose for the change to take place immediately.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Carrier2019 

You already have this thread. Which it seems you've marked as solved. No need to add on to a whole other thread.

Please provide screenshots of your overview page and your payment history page(s). Blank out personal info of course.

Carrier2019

My plan is set for the 1st of each month but I lost my data use at 3.5

When I have 8.5 at my disposal, lost on the 7th of March,really hate dealing with this crap,wanna switch to a different user can't get the help I need,plus it changed the billing date for me to the 15th  without my

Consent took the money off my credit cards no consent somebody please help me 

@Carrier2019 wrote:

I checked out the data limits and there is no restrictions on it I just can't figure it out,every 1st of each month the payment comes out and my data is rebooted back to 8.5 gigs ,but this month it stopped at 3.5 gigs on the March 7 and I don't know what's going on I can't figure it out please call this dam company to fix this

Not possible. Public Mobile has 30 (and 90) day plan cycles, not necessarily a month like other providers. So your renewal date will move around.

If you are sure that it's not a phone restriction, log into your self serve account: Do you still see the data allotment as xxxx/8704MB?

Screenshot_2018-12-01 Public Mobile - Overview(1).png

The last line will disappear if you've used your whole data bucket.

@Carrier2019 wrote:

Call this company to fix this dam phone I need to work,the payment came out on the first day of the month for my 8.5 gigs but it stop working please help

Did you write to the moderator?... nothing else I can suggest to you.

Carrier2019

Call this company to fix this dam phone I need to work,the payment came out on the first day of the month for my 8.5 gigs but it stop working please help

Carrier2019

I checked out the data limits and there is no restrictions on it I just can't figure it out,every 1st of each month the payment comes out and my data is rebooted back to 8.5 gigs ,but this month it stopped at 3.5 gigs on the March 7 and I don't know what's going on I can't figure it out please call this dam company to fix this

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Carrier2019 any luck?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@Carrier2019 wrote:

Only used3.5 on data on my phone which has a 8.5 gig limit,just shut off and need help to turn it back on

Please someone help 

You (or someone) accepted my reply as solution, but this implies it's not really solved.  Did you try @Eddy_G 's instructions to check your data limit on your phone?  If you're not sure how to find it, please let us know your brand and model of phone and we can help point you in the right direction.  On my OnePlus 5T running Android 9.0, I:

1. Go into the settings app (hit the cog in the notifcation shade)
  2. Tap on Wi-Fi & internet
  3. Tap on Data Usage
  4. Tap on Billing Cycle

Here on this screen, I can see a toggle to turn on or off the limit, and a setting for how much data to cut it off after (I set mine to the same 3.5 GB I believe your phone is set to):

Screenshot_20190314-161935.jpg

You could simply turn this toggle to OFF, since PM cuts you off when you run out ofdata anyway (and thus there is no fear of overage fees).  At the very least, up the second setting in the box above to a higher number, closer to your plan's amount.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Carrier2019 

Please do not post your phone number as per community guidelines and also to help protect your privacy.

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Carrier2019 

please edit your post to delete your cell number, you should only enter your private info to the mods via private message.

Carrier2019

data stop working, please help only used 3.5 gigs on a 8.5 gig plan cant figure out 

Personal info removed by computergeek541

Carrier2019

Only used3.5 on data on my phone which has a 8.5 gig limit,just shut off and need help to turn it back on

Please someone help 

srlawren

@Lieux I would be very suprised if it didn't turn out to be data limit setting on the phone, as @Eddy_G has suggested.  People often set these some time ago in the past based on a plan they used to be on (even at another carrier, where they could easily get overage charges if not careful) and then totally forget about it.  We see it fairly regularly in the community.  Especially when @Carrier2019 has said it's consistently at 3.5 GB every month, this really suggests device data usage limit.  

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Carrier2019 wrote:

I have a plan that gives me 8.5 gigs

a month and every first of the month the payment comes off my credit card, but for some reason my data stop working  at 3.5 gigs, have no idea why,my number is 7****** can someone please help me with this problem, I don't know what to do?

POST EDITED: HIDING PERSONAL INFORMATION - @stonechucker 

@Carrier2019 here for the message to the moderator...just in case...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Smiley Happy

Eddy_G
Customer Support Agent

HI Carrier2019

First of I would check if you have any data limits set on your device: Settings > Data Usage > Data Limits and Warnings.

If that is not the case please get in touch with us in private so we can have a look at the account.

Regards

Eddy

PM Mod

Need Help? Let's chat.