cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data still not working

atkwai
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Incoming and out going calls and text bothe work.  No data service though

I tried to read through the forum to see if there are others having the same problems. And here are my screen shots of the APN settings . 

Screenshot_2016-11-02-05-37-06.pngScreenshot_2016-11-02-05-37-06.png

12 REPLIES 12

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@atkwai Sweet!  Don't forget to mark my response as a solution, for anybody else that comes across this issue.

atkwai

I will try the latter now. Thanks for the suggestion

Edit,

Thanks!, deleting all the APN settings and enterying them manually worked!

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I've heard some LG G4 (and possibly G5?) users say they needed to do a factory reset to get data working, that was the only thing that worked for them.  Other users have completely removed all APN settings entirely, and then re-added PM, and that seemed to work.  I would try the latter solution first, before resorting to the former. 🙂

atkwai

Umm, what are my options? If there is no solution?

Please advice

atkwai
  1. Screenshot_2016-11-02-09-03-34.pngScreenshot_2016-11-02-09-03-34.pngScreenshot_2016-11-02-09-03-41.png

atkwai
Reading the thread, it seems users that didn't have the APN settings auto populate had to reset their phone. Mine populated the defaults for PM APN settings fine.

I use a OnePlus 1 phone.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

what phone are you using?  If i remember correctly, some android phones (can't remember the models) require a factory reset.  do you have an older/ spare/ friends phone you can pop the sim into and try to see what happens?  

of course the other silly question is you did select data when you ordered your plan right?  ie does data show up in your selfserve overview?

I found this thread relating to the lg g4 http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/LG-G4-No-data/m-p/66679#M5335  there are a couple links within it aswell that might be worth looking at.

Hmmm, there are other Android users on here that can help you troubleshoot. I'm not one of them as I am an iOS guy.

atkwai
I tried manually changing it to isp.mb.com

No luck. =(

@atkwai for whatever reason, my APN is isp.mb.com (same as your Telus SP Tether) and my data works fine. I didn't manually adjust, that's what autofilled when I started service with PM.

atkwai
Everything is identical, just not working

imcphers
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Need Help? Let's chat.