cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data sharing

Gordonpower279
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi 

I am wondering if it is possible to share the data i currently have on my package with another SIM card that I would like to use in my turbo hub.  Or do I need a complete different package to have the data for the turbo hub.  Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Gordonpower279

Yeah the data plans are not too bad.  Was just seeing if this was an option as I don't use much of the data that I have on my package now. Thanks again

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Gordonpower279 wrote:

Hi

Tethering won't work as the turbo hub will be in a remote location so I can access a camera system I have installed there.  Thanks for the response.

@Gordonpower279 ah, then yes unfortunately you would require a separate SIM card and account for that.  To be honest, Public Mobile is not terribly cost-effective for a data-only plan.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Gordonpower279

Hi

Tethering won't work as the turbo hub will be in a remote location so I can access a camera system I have installed there.  Thanks for the response.

MJ23
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi Gordon,

i wanted to do something similar, however no sharing of data on PM. You could tether though if that helps.

Cheers,

mj23

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Gordonpower279, as mentioned, tethering is the only way to share the data, as it's only one SIM per account.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@Gordonpower279 wrote:

Hi 

I am wondering if it is possible to share the data i currently have on my package with another SIM card that I would like to use in my turbo hub.  Or do I need a complete different package to have the data for the turbo hub.  Thanks.

Hi,

I have never attempted to use a PM sim in a hub but i know there is no way to share the data except for using hotspot from your phone.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

Need Help? Let's chat.