cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data setting

Karyathena
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Oy phone, Sony Xperia, has two data settings, Mobile Data and Data roaming. Do I need to put both on when I am off WiFi? What is the difference between the two? Thank you! 

7 REPLIES 7

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Karyathena wrote:

Oy phone, Sony Xperia, has two data settings, Mobile Data and Data roaming. Do I need to put both on when I am off WiFi? What is the difference between the two? Thank you! 

On iPhone there is a setting "when not connected to WIFI -- use Cellular Network". I would assume that there would be a similar setting on your phone. Hope this helps.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Keep mobile data on if you wish to receive emails and data driven social media in real time.  

eatnb1

Data on when using wifi may not use data on your cell plan, but that is not always a guarantee so I keep data off at all times unless I need to use it and know I cannot get wifi. Maybe that is not necessary, but I only have a small data plan and don't want to go over or use it needlessly.

Karyathena

Thanks! 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You don't need either for wi-fi.  Moblile data is if you have data in your plan.  Roaming is if you are in the US then you can use T-mobile or AT& T if you have roaming in your plan or purchase an add-on.  You need to turn wi-fi indicator to use wi-fi.

@Karyathena u just need data on,  data roaming can be off because that would only be if you go to the United States and buy roaming add on

Karyathena

*My phone 

Need Help? Let's chat.