cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data problems

Sandy20367
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just bought a new phone and I used lest than 2G and it keep telling me I have used 95% of my plan bu my plan is 

• This plan includes: -
  • - 8.5GB at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Talk to Canada and the US
9 REPLIES 9

hyT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You phone probably has a setting that monitors your data usage independent of PM's records. (Go to Settings-Data usage, or Settings-Connections- Data usage.)  You may want to look at that and make sure it corresponds to your PM data plan. Your phone might be using 2 Gb as the default setting unless you've changed it.

Also make sure to set the plan renewal date the same as your PM plan. Since PM plans are for 30 days, you may have to reset it again during the months that do not have 30 days. Your phone's setting may count by the month. 

You may also set it to give you a warning when you have used up 90% of your plan allowance.

Ultimately, the self-service account will be what you rely on for the actual usage. That phone setting is just a tool to help you keep track.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Sandy20367 I would auapect uour phone has a setting on it that is defaulted to alert you when you have used a certain set amount, I had a similar issue when I got my awsome Samsung Galxy S2. Bell notified me at that time to check my phone settings. Sounds like this is what you are getting. Unless its a text from 611? 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Sandy20367 Self-service account always shows correct amount of data used/left for your plan. Probably, your new phones' apps and software updated themselves without your notice + consider how much data you used before using the new phone during this plan cycle.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Options to get more data:
1. If your current data limit does not meet your 30 days' need, you may change a plan with more data. You can do the plan from self-serve. You get your data back immediately with plan change.
2. If you want to renew the same plan early, you need to create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the bottom right hand corner of this page. Moderator wait time is up to 2 days. If your next renewal date is up to 2 days away, you may just on data diet for a few days until after renewal.
3. You can buy data add-ons $15 1GB data or $10 200MB data. Expensive option

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Sandy20367 

Your new phone may downloading updates and used most of your 8.5GB data.

Check your new phone configureation.

Login to your self-serve account.

Check on your data usage line on your overview page after login.

If you do not see your usage line, you have used all your data for the current cycle.

I have a $40 5GB data plan.  I have used 540.509MB out of my 5120 MB for my current cycle.

• Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
    $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on
    584.461  /  1024 MB
    $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US)
    0  /  400 MIN
    1GB Add-on
    0  /  1024 MB
    1GB Promo
    697.544  /  1024 MB
    5GB at 3G Speed
    540.509  /  5120 MB

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Sandy20367  What about the old phone? Did it use data? Did you backup the old phone and restored it on the new phone via data?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Sandy20367 they are pretty good measuring the use of data. Check your phone usage details and apps to see what the big culprits are. Also check to see if WiFi is enabled on your phone. I'm willing to bet that it was off and your phone operating system and all the apps updated using your data. Stay safe 

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Sandy20367 Hello the best place to check your data is in your self serve account under data and add on’s that will give you an accurate account of your data also you can look at data usage to see where you have used your data

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sandy20367 wrote:

I just bought a new phone and I used lest than 2G and it keep telling me I have used 95% of my plan bu my plan is 

• This plan includes: -
  • - 8.5GB at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Talk to Canada and the US

Are you looking at your phone or your self-serve? The self-serve is correct. When did you last renew? Your phone could be out of sync with the your renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.