cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data problems

Sandy20367
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why is it i use my wifi turn off my data and still only few weeks I have no data

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sandy20367 wrote:

@geo75mac  thanks but i tried that not only me but i got two more phones for my daughter's that are having the same data problems one of them work for two days the other just started working. Mine it was at 2g cause the day I got the plan it was not reset and i watched it for days and it keep adding didn't reset at all

Something's using your data. Check all apps. Turn off data.

Maybe post a screenshot of your overview page so that we can see what you have. Blank out personal info of course.

geo75mac
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Interesting, that's strange for sure. What does your data usage say in your account? Does it show that you are using data or just say 0mb used?

Sandy20367

@geo75mac  thanks but i tried that not only me but i got two more phones for my daughter's that are having the same data problems one of them work for two days the other just started working. Mine it was at 2g cause the day I got the plan it was not reset and i watched it for days and it keep adding didn't reset at all

geo75mac
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I have noticed that from time to time when data doesn't work, I have to restart my phone and then it works again. Particularly at the start of a new usage period (for me it is the 13th of each month). 

Koyabtx

You might have the smart network switch toggled on. In which case, when wifi isn't strong enough- your phone will actually use your mobile data to support. So if you were watching a video or downloading an app over a weak wifi connection and the smart network switch was on.. Chances are your phone used your mobile data network to support the download or streaming of video.

You can go into your wi-fi settings and you'll see this toggle either on the top or bottom and if it's on, you can just switch it off.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

On your device, you can do this, and you will see what apps are using your data.

Swipe down

Settings (gear on top right)

Data usage

On this screen it should show you want apps are using the most data

Sandy20367

@duffer900 it said i max out my data

duffer900

I think I am a little dense... haha

Are you not able to use data at all? Or did you max out your data even though you had your data turned off?

Sorry if it just me being dim... 

Sandy20367

I have a Samsung a5

Jackhyf63

@Sandy20367 which phone are you using? you can try to reset network settings.

sandpublic

@Sandy20367 wrote:

Why is it i use my wifi turn off my data and still only few weeks I have no data

Has your data ever worked? If not might be an APN issue. You can get them from here.
https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

duffer900

Is your data always off on your phone?

austinhuang

@Sandy20367 wrote:

Check your usage history on https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/Add-on-Usage/ 

Need Help? Let's chat.