cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data problems Samsung S7 SM-G930T

Ericbornstein1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a new US T-mobile Samsung S7 SM-G930T that does not seem to connect to the Net. I do get a message from Public Mobile giving me 5 reasons why I can not connect. If I cannot connect where is this message conming from? I have a 1gig data package that if I look at the last 30 days usage I have only used a few megs. I could not find a place where I could see the balance. Today is my reset day but I believe I have a large balance. My Data usage shows 4.7 mb used feb 6 to march 4 but I get timed out whenever I try a site, Were is the usage going? Wi-fi works fine. I edited the access point with the mobile data name, no effect then reset to default and lost the public mobile set and am now on the Mobile internet name. Started looking into Odin but the SM-G930T updates are only for Telus US if I search using Samsung S7 I find the Canadian Telus Updates but the letters after the SM-G930 are different. 

11 REPLIES 11

@Ericbornstein1 wrote:

Seems I was out of Data, don't know how as my usage indicated was very low ( 6mb) and I have 1G. Plan renewed today and it now works! 

One of the quirks of Public Mobile's self serve portal is that it will not show you the amount of data, on the overview page under "My data & add-ons", as well as in the "Data and add-ons" tab,  if it's all used up.

So the last line in this picture would be missing completely if there isn't any data left.

Screenshot_2018-12-01 Public Mobile - Overview(1).png

Not sure where your data usage amount (6mb) comes from - if it's in the usage history in self serve: There is more than one page? If it's on your phone: Public Mobile's cycle is 30days and not monthly. You might want to get a data monitor app that allows you to adjust the length of the billing cycle, like our very own @IWIK's https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/IWIK-s-quot-Data-Witness-quot-for-And...

1GB is not a lot these days. You might want to check the data usage of your phone:

- WiFi assist off (if your phone has the feature)

- OS and app updates over WiFi only

- App background usage off where not absolutely necessary

- Don't be tempted to do speedtests, they can eat up your data in two or so sessions

Ericbornstein1

Seems I was out of Data, don't know how as my usage indicated was very low ( 6mb) and I have 1G. Plan renewed today and it now works! 

MJ23
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

To check data usage, login to your PM profile. 

Select ‘Data & Add on Usage’ Tab. This will show how much of your data has been used.

Thank you,

MJ23

Ericbornstein1

Account Status: Plan Expired  is this what I am looking for? Hard to believe, my usage for the last 30 days looks like about 6mb   

You can see your balance on the first page in your self serve account... @Ericbornstein1

for example...300 Mb/1000Mb....

Ericbornstein1

The message sais after the puplic mobile co;our logo " You are unable to access the Web because of one of the following reasons: and then there are 5 listed.  This is the site on my phone but it does not bring up the same page on my computer https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/zero-balance. How do I see my balance?

Omniavincitamor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ericbornstein1

I will try next time I am out of the house as I do not get reception with this phone in the house.

Ericbornstein1

It is in the browser.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
If the browser isn't working try a different browser or private/incognito modes, most people find that Chrome incognito works best for this site.

@Ericbornstein1 wrote:

I have a new US T-mobile Samsung S7 SM-G930T that does not seem to connect to the Net. I do get a message from Public Mobile giving me 5 reasons why I can not connect. If I cannot connect where is this message conming from? I have a 1gig data package that if I look at the last 30 days usage I have only used a few megs. I could not find a place where I could see the balance. Today is my reset day but I believe I have a large balance. My Data usage shows 4.7 mb used feb 6 to march 4 but I get timed out whenever I try a site, Were is the usage going? Wi-fi works fine. I edited the access point with the mobile data name, no effect then reset to default and lost the public mobile set and am now on the Mobile internet name. Started looking into Odin but the SM-G930T updates are only for Telus US if I search using Samsung S7 I find the Canadian Telus Updates but the letters after the SM-G930 are different. 

What does the message say? Is the message displayed insided your web browser or is it from Public Mobile sending you a text message?

Need Help? Let's chat.