cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data overage messages

Kim1971kim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi I’m new and I was wondering if there is an option to get texts when you go over on your data? thanks

6 REPLIES 6

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi Kim1971kim,

If you need further help, you can register a ticket through SIMon, our virutal assistant and we will take a look into your situation!

Regards,

Ciprian

PM Mod Team.

@Kim1971kim wrote:

Hi I’m new and I was wondering if there is an option to get texts when you go over on your data? thanks

If you're asking if there will be a text message about going over your data amount, that was answered earlier by others.

If you're asking if you can still receive text messages after running out of data, text messaging doesn't use any type of internet connection.

Kim1971kim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank you!!!

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Triguy wrote:

The default data notifications are set at 75%, 95% and 100% consumption of your data allotments.

Actually there is no notification when you consume all your data (i.e. 100%).  It simply stops.

The only messages one can expect to see (from short-code 611) are:

Public Mobile here. You have used 75% of the data included in your service. Go to publicmobile.ca/selfserve for more options.

and

Public Mobile here. You have used 95% of the data included in your service. Go to publicmobile.ca/selfserve for more options.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Once you reach your limit then data stops.  You will get warning text about your data usage.

Public Mobile will notify you via text message when you're close to using all of the data included in your rate plan.  Data notifications indicate how much of your included plan data you have used, so you know when you’re approaching your limit. The default data notifications are set at 75%, 95% and 100% consumption of your data allotments.

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Kim1971kim wrote:

No message for going over.  You CANNOT go over as it stops. You will get 2 pre warnings  advising you are about to have used up your quota. 

Need Help? Let's chat.