cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working.

jh2012
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got a new sim and it registered fine. The phone number works ok. The APU settings entered automatically and are not editable. I'm in BC and wonder if the sim is not the correct one for the province.

The info:

Name:Telus

APN: sp.telus.com

The rest matches the online help.

Can anyone please tell me why data does not work?

38 REPLIES 38

jh2012

The phone is an Umidigi X. Worked fine with a different service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jh2012 : What exact make/model/submodel is the phone? As mentioned earlier, some phones have difficulty with APN's. This is a known thing with many providers...not just PM. There are a couple workarounds.

jh2012

It does indicate public mobile. I will try contacting the moderator. Thanks.

jh2012

Thanks for the reply. I don't have the option to edit and no+ option available. The information automatically entered when the sim was installed. Talk and text work fine. I have used another provider sim in the ohone and data works fine with that provider(Rogers).

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@jh2012 

Does the phone show Public Mobile on the top left corner?

If it does show then reboot the phone by power off wait a few minutes then power on.

If it doesn’t show then contact a moderator by clicking on SIMon chat button and ask to contact a moderator or human. To help you figure out if the porting has been completed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jh2012 : Just that one line of APN tells me that it's not right. As above...screenshots. That one line should sp.mb.com .

Rather than edit, is there a + to tap to add a whole other APN.

You're not yet needing a moderator here by the way.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@jh2012 

Does your talk and text work fine? 

You can also try network reset of phone.  

Maybe screenshot your APN settings.  Some android phones.... unable to edit APN settings.  Which model phone?

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jh2012 

Has nothing to do with regional differences when it comes to the SIM card.  They are not province-specific.

Try your APN settings again.

• Toggle airplane mode off/on
  • Reboot device
  • Try manually selecting network settings
  • Test your SIM on another device to see if data works on it.

If it STILL doesn't work, and you are showing Data under your self-serve account as being available, contact the Moderators to seek account assistance:

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator, then select contact moderator, then select other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.