cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

DonB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My wife has an LG X Power phone which worked fine on a Telus plan.  On Public Mobile, data does not work, although texting and phone calls work fine.  Photos cannot be sent during texting as the data is not functional.  I have reset the network, checked the APN against the recommended settings, set the network to GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto, reported the phone as lost/stolen, then restored service and restarted the phone after each of the steps.  So far no data but the other functions continue to work.  I have not done a full factory reset or a SIM card swap with another phone.  Have I missed anything obvious?  Is a full reset likely to bring a solution?

6 REPLIES 6

@DonBAre you able to send MMS ie text with pictures? If so then your APN is working fine.. if not double check for typos.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@DonB wow you should have mentioned it earlier I am sure someone could have got you up and runningSmiley Happy

DonB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, I have confirmed that there is data in the account, and it shows as active, but 0 usage.  This account has been active for a little under a month, but have not been successful in getting data started.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Did you check in the self serve account under data and add-ons to make sure an amount is showing.  If no amount is appearing the all the data has been used.  Try swapping the sim and if it works then it is probably a phone issue then do the factory reset.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@DonB I found this in the help section hope it works for you he also came from telus

jchan

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: No Data on LG G5, switched from Telus

Final Update:

It's official. I did a factory reset and now I have data. 

If you have an LG G5. It may be the only way to get data working. 

Tags (0)

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@DonB wrote:

My wife has an LG X Power phone which worked fine on a Telus plan.  On Public Mobile, data does not work, although texting and phone calls work fine.  Photos cannot be sent during texting as the data is not functional.  I have reset the network, checked the APN against the recommended settings, set the network to GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto, reported the phone as lost/stolen, then restored service and restarted the phone after each of the steps.  So far no data but the other functions continue to work.  I have not done a full factory reset or a SIM card swap with another phone.  Have I missed anything obvious?  Is a full reset likely to bring a solution?

Just adding some other things verified network data is turned on, checked the plan page in the selfserve to make sure the account shows data in the plan(to make sure the correct plan was provisioned to the sim)  Other than that it has been known that LG's could require a factory reset

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.