cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

krashtray
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My new plan started yesterday I have 2 GB and I tried to use it today and it doesn't work.

10 REPLIES 10

krashtray

I went in and changed the APN network to internet+mms and now it works.

@krashtray wrote:

I've had it a month now but picked a new plan to start yesterday I can call and text but no data I reset my connections restarted my phone and tried the lost stolen thing.

Did you have data plan in previously plan? If you didn't, you probably need change your phone APN setting, follow this link to change:

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@krashtray wrote:

My new plan started yesterday I have 2 GB and I tried to use it today and it doesn't work.

As @popping suggested try the lost/stolen trick...

Once you log into your account...
Click the 'Plans and Add-ons' tab.
Click 'Lost/Stolen Phone' tab.
Click 'Suspend Service' button.
Log out of your account and wait several minutes.
Log back into your account and report that your phone has been found.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krashtray wrote:

My data was working on public mobile all last month I just picked a plan that included nation wide calling to start yesterday and now my data doesn't work.

So you did a build your own for $52?

Another thing to try that has been known to work on many occassions is to manually add another $1 into your account and upon success restart the phone. See what happens.

krashtray

Samsung galaxy s7

krashtray

My data was working on public mobile all last month I just picked a plan that included nation wide calling to start yesterday and now my data doesn't work.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@krashtray wrote:

I've had it a month now but picked a new plan to start yesterday I can call and text but no data I reset my connections restarted my phone and tried the lost stolen thing.

Try add $1 to your account.  It may re-provision you plan features if lost/stolen trick does not work.

krashtray

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@krashtray wrote:

1.  Restart your phone.  It may be all you need to get data working.

2.  If not, check the APN on your phone using https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

3.  Which phone are you using?  Some phone and OS does not let you view/change the APN settings.  If we know the phone that you are using, we can give you more help.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@krashtray wrote:

When you say a new plan is this a new renewal or you just started with PM?  If it is a new plan and you haven't had data working have you checked your APN settings?

Here is a great site to setup your APN and instructions on how to do it.  Find the APN Settings for Public Mobile here!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.