cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working on Samsung S7

cng2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,
I just signed up for the $45/mth 5GB data plan on a Samsung S7. 

I've tried all the solutions below, and my mobile data is on and my Public Mobile account is active, but my mobile data still isn't working:
1) reset and added a new APN as per instructions here: https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/samsung-galaxy-s7
2) switched phone off and on again after doing the above
3) switched phone off, removed SIM card for 1 min, and switched phone on again after doing #1.

Any advice on how to get my data to work would be deeply appreciated. Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7

gl53274
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I believe mms only before 

now :   APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

@gl53274 wrote:

It would appear that the multiple APN type list is what made it work again. 

@gl53274 Do you remember what was there in APN Type earlier? and what you have now?

do you have this:

APN Type: default,supl,mms

gl53274

I was writing a similar post after much research and was writing all the steps I took to resolve NO DATA on S7.

Checked on last time a google search to make sure I tried everything.

It would appear that the multiple APN type list is what made it work again. I'll never know why it stopped working in the first place as nothing had been changed and suddenly there was no network data. Anyway, this post/procedure fixed it. Thanks

cng2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks both DanielleMarie & Mkgfm!! 

I've now resolved it but unfortunately am not sure what exactly the solution was. I changed all my APN settings to what DanielleMarie suggested (thank you!) but that didn't work. But I got another friend to help me and it first started working when we chose 3G/2G connection rather than LTE/3G/2G connection instead. He said that was weird because Public Mobile should allow 4G/LTE and my phone does support that. So after a while we tried switching back to LTE/3G/2G and voila! The 4G sign appeared on the top left side of my screen and I now have data working properly.

Additional info:

1) My phone was not previously unlocked by any other Canadian telco, and I've never had issues inserting new SIM cards overseas.

2) I didn't manage to try it on another phone as I didn't have one.

Mkgfm

I think I’m this case you should contact a team moderator and ask them to assist you to activate your phone for public mobile data service because sometimes you need to do something in the setting in for connection settings and change a few things so you phone would allow the data to go thrw your phone and a moderator would be able to help with that. Specially when your phone was an other provider and it has been unlocked because public is mother network is Telus and sometimes if you have an unlocked phone from an other provider like bell or Rogers and you unlock your phone and try to use Telus or anything different then the original provider it’ll give you some difficulty with data service but you sms n talk will work. Just have to switch a few things in the settings and itl work maybe you can contact Telus by phone n ask then a general question about a phone that’s unlocked and your data doesn’t work maybe they can help you. 

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@cng2 wrote:

1) reset and added a new APN as per instructions here: https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/samsung-galaxy-s7

I just noticed that is missing the APN type. Try these APN settings instead:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy:
Port:
Username:
Password:
Server:
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type:
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@cng2 wrote:

Hi all,
I just signed up for the $45/mth 5GB data plan on a Samsung S7. 

I've tried all the solutions below, and my mobile data is on and my Public Mobile account is active, but my mobile data still isn't working:
2) switched phone off and on again after doing the above
3) switched phone off, removed SIM card for 1 min, and switched phone on again after doing #1.

Any advice on how to get my data to work would be deeply appreciated. Thank you!

Do you have another unlocked phone you could put the SIM card into? It can help us determine if it's the phone or service.

Need Help? Let's chat.