cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working on Oneplus 5

shmamtheman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I just activated my plan and calls and texts are working, but my data is not. I have entered the correct information in the network settings and have also rebooted my phone multiple times. Is there a solution to this?

12 REPLIES 12

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@apurvanataraj wrote:

You didn't need to do a Factory Reset. This worked on my OP-3T and OP5.

@apurvanataraj same with my OP3 and OP5T (looks like we were on opposite release cycles!).  However, with my OP7, it wrongly defaulted my APN to Telus, and I had to go in and choose Koodo (I use Koodo on that phone, but the same applies on PM on 7 Pro, as someone shared in the community here a while back as well).

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

apurvanataraj

You didn't need to do a Factory Reset. This worked on my OP-3T and OP5.

Switch off the Disabled WiFi & DataUsage-
Settings - Apps - Chrome - Data usage

shmamtheman

Just did a factory reset and my phone is working! Thank you everyone for your help!

@shmamtheman wrote:

It's not allowing me to edit the APN. It is all greyed out.

You wrote that you entered the correct APN in your first post, and now you wrote that you can't edit the APN?

Can you add new APN? if you can, follow this link to add exactly APN:

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can  use adb to add a new APN. If you're not familiar with adb it can be a bit intimidating but if you google "Fastboot ADB" and install the latest version from the XDA thread, it only installs the adb shell itself and the drivers you'll need. From there just google how to add an apn via adb.

The other option is to keep pulling and replacing the SIM. I've seen reports where after about 10 to 15 times, the APN will magically appear.

shmamtheman

I have already tried and it didnt work

@shmamtheman hi do a network reset see if that helps

shmamtheman

It's not allowing me to edit the APN. It is all greyed out.

denis2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

make sure Data is turned on on your phone

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@shmamtheman wrote:

Hello, I just activated my plan and calls and texts are working, but my data is not. I have entered the correct information in the network settings and have also rebooted my phone multiple times. Is there a solution to this?

First thing I'd do is log into My Account / Data & Add-ons and just make sure I have some data to use. If I didn't see any, I'd know that it's been consumed already.

Good luck.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Make sure you have the correct APN settings.

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@shmamtheman wrote:

I know you mentioned that you setup the Network settings, but just in case...

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/oneplus-5

Also, is your plan showing the Data is active in Self service? You see data consumption etc?

Need Help? Let's chat.