cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working on European Galaxy Note 8 (Samsung SM-N950F Galaxy Note 8 TD-LTE)

guntersammet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello all:

According to the frequency check (https://www.frequencycheck.com/compatibility/QjxnUYv/samsung-sm-n950f-galaxy-note-8-td-lte-samsung-b...), data should work on the our phone. However, when I follow the instructions on setting up the access point, I can't get data to work. Some of the forum posts suggest that when the access point information is sent via text message to the phone, it may work. Resetting the phone is not really an option. How can I get the info sent to the phone? Or if somebody has any other suggestions, they are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gunter

5 REPLIES 5

@guntersammet Your username appears to be a proper name. As this forum is open to the world, you may prefer to create a different less personal one for use here.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Gerry_P
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My data didn't work when I first activated my phone. Turns out that I needed to change the APN # from Tbaytel (my old carrier) to Public Mobile's. It's been working great ever since 😊

guntersammet

Hi Luddite:

Thanks for responding. You may missed that a network reset did the trick. When I initially searched for solutions, I only saw complete resets as suggestion and I didn't wanted to do that. Anyways, her a response to your questions so future users may find it easier via search engine:

To a: Phone and text messages worked both ways. MMS and data didn't.

To b: It shows - My Plan This plan includes: - 500MB + 500MB at 3G Speed, - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk, - Unlimited International Text

To c: Activated on Dec 20. New number.

Thanks again!

Gunter

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

a) What services do work?

b) When logged into your account you see a data allowance under Data && add-ons?

c) Did you activate today, and/or request a port-in from another carrier?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

guntersammet

Actually resetting the network settings did the trick. So all good. Thanks for reading and sorry for the noise.

[Self solution accepted ......... Luddite]

Need Help? Let's chat.