cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not actually used though add-on data expired.

boshek
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently had to purchase a 1GB add-on plan. I did that a couple weeks ago to get me to my autopay date and thus re-upping my base data plan. However after two weeks I blew through my 1GB of data and my data plan no longer worked. This seems too quick so I went through the usage history and it doesn't even come close to totalling the full 1GB of data. So I am little reticient to purchase another add-on as it doesn't seem like the best approach given I don't appear to have received full value for the last one.

Can anyone recommend the best approach to dealing with this with public mobile?

(Side note: is it possible to receive your usage history as .csv or .xlsx files to make such a comparison actually easy?)

Thanks in advance,

4 REPLIES 4

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@boshek wrote:

I recently had to purchase a 1GB add-on plan. I did that a couple weeks ago to get me to my autopay date and thus re-upping my base data plan. However after two weeks I blew through my 1GB of data and my data plan no longer worked. This seems too quick so I went through the usage history and it doesn't even come close to totalling the full 1GB of data. So I am little reticient to purchase another add-on as it doesn't seem like the best approach given I don't appear to have received full value for the last one.

(Side note: is it possible to receive your usage history as .csv or .xlsx files to make such a comparison actually easy?)

Thanks in advance,

@boshek As I comparing some phone company about just buying the data, PM is actually quite reasonable. If you spend more than 1 GB within a short period of time, you should pick a plan with data instead of buying add-on for it normally costs more. I bought $10 data add-on last month, but I decided to have $15 plan with 250mb (with autopay bonus). I normally have shawopen as well as wifi at home. I didn't use up the limit those. You have to determine how much data you may need in 30 days. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I find the best option is to ask mods to renew your plan early. Add the funds to the account then message them to renew.  Or do an immediate plan change to a different plan if you don't mind losing your current plan. 

$/gig these are typically cheaper than the 1gb data addon.

Also why not install a data tracking app like data witness pm (android) or my data manager iOS and android

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@boshek wrote:

Thanks in advance,

Not sure what plan you currently subscribe to but maybe a plan with more data would better suit your needs. The cost for the PM Data Add-on is....expensivish eh.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@boshek wrote:

Thanks in advance,

Do you see the data line items lower down on your overview page?

If not then yes, you've used it all. Maybe some apps or the OS are using a lot of data that you're not aware of.

If you do then your phone has a setting in it that is stopping your data consumption before it should.

Have you been getting the notification texts from Public Mobile saying that you're at 75 and 95 % data used?

Need Help? Let's chat.