cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data issue

Courtneeyyw
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am new to public mobile. I signed up for 5GB of data and already the data isn’t working. I don’t know how to find out if I’ve used it all but I have never used 5GB before when I was with Telus so I don’t see that as an issue. I cannot use any data or apps unless connected to wifi. 

5 REPLIES 5

specialK
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Korade wrote:

What do you mean "shows everything"? Does it show your minutes/texts sent?

Which phone do you have btw? Try entering the IMEI number here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started to ensure it is compatible.

OP said iMessage, so it should be an iPhone. afaik iPhones should work fine on PM.

OP, have you tried the steps in this knowledge base article?

Korade

What do you mean "shows everything"? Does it show your minutes/texts sent?

Which phone do you have btw? Try entering the IMEI number here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started to ensure it is compatible.

a) What model do you have?

b) Check for a carrier update: Settings >> General >> About: if a carrier update is offered install it. Then reboot.

c) Do a network reset: Settings >> General >> Reset >> Reset Network Settings: you will need to reinstall wifi passwords after this.

d) Confirm Cellular Data is ON.

e) Do you have a 3G data plan, that just renewed?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Courtneeyyw
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you, yes my calling and texting works if I send as text.. but not the iMessage. 

I logged in and tried viewing my usage but I don’t see a “number” for data usuage. It just goes to usuage review and shows everything. 

Korade

Hi Courtneeyw,

Some troubleshooting:

Is your calling/texting functioning alright? 

Log in to self serve and you can view your usage for data. It should be pretty much zero, if you haven't used any. 

Lastly, is the data option on your phone turned on? Does it say LTE/3G somewhere by the signal? 

Turn your phone off and on after installing the SIM card

If these don't work for you, get in touch with the moderator team! 

Need Help? Let's chat.