cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data isn't working

brendang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello! I joined Public this morning, and the service is great! Just as good as Telus. On the other hand, I quickly noticed my data wasn't working... and trying to figure it out since. Any ideas? Thank you in advance!

7 REPLIES 7

brendang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Solved!

for iPhone 6s:

Settings, General, Reset Network Settings. 👍

Just remember to re enter your wifi password, and that’s all there is to it!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@brendang   do you have an iPhone?   if so, you might want to connect to a computer, use iTune and update the phone and download latest carrier profile. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you are using an Android phone then make sure your have these APN settings.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/how-do-you-know-if-APN-settings-is-co...

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@brendang wrote:

Hello! I joined Public this morning, and the service is great! Just as good as Telus. On the other hand, I quickly noticed my data wasn't working... and trying to figure it out since. Any ideas? Thank you in advance!

Hello,

If rebooting or toggling into and out of airplane mode is not working for you, try a RESET of your Network settings.

Also, what model phone do you have?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@brendang : Most likely APN settings. If this is an Android phone then you can find APN settings or post screenshots of what you have. If it's an iphone then you likely need to connect via USB to itunes and look for any updates.

Anonymous
Not applicable

do one thing take your SIM card out and waiting for a minute and put it back and do rebooting your phone - This one is quick and simple. Make sure your phone is off before removing and reinserting its SIM card.

Remove your phone’s battery - Some phones have removable batteries. Sometimes removing and reinserting the battery can fix certain issues. Just make sure your phone is off before you do this.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visiting HERE.

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

Reset your Network Settings.

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

visit  HERE 

Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click HERE 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

visit  HERE 

Changing APN Settings On Android Phones

click HERE 

Good Luck

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@brendang wrote:

Make sure your cellular data in on and check you apn settings.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles?q=Apn

Need Help? Let's chat.