cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data for 90 Day plans ~ 2GB

Kaylaulrich1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi guys so I’m a 23 year old who has gotten a 90 year plan hoping it be a awesome idea . I’m not here to bash public mobile or anything but what’s up with the data usage limits ? 

I can manage to use data up in a day or three days ? Depending on what I need to do with my data ? 

I refered someone who was able to keep her data on always and never had a data issue . 

I download games recently cause I’m out away from home with no wifi ? 

And I get to check my emails , my Facebook and often to see what my phone situation is after I constantly use it and shut it off ? Her data lasts her the full 90 days period mine only lasts me 1-3 days ? 

Also I pay $30 every time for 1GB hoping I don’t use all of it up in just a few days again ? 

What should I do ? Next time or is there any way some one can help me benefit from having data while away from home 

5 REPLIES 5

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Kaylaulrich1 Data in 90 day plans can be used as you wish throughout the time; all in day 1, all in day 2, all in day 90. No restrictions except total GB purchased. Consider the 3G plans; data is cheaper and include Canada wide calling.

Also, especially on 90 day plans, moderators will reactivate your plan early if you contact them. I have friend on the biggest 3G data plan who often renews early; he has no home wifi. Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I would also

disable data for background apps.

Disable data while playing games.

Also instead of buying data addon it might be worthwhile getting a bigger data plan.

Downloading apps, steaming videos and certain apps do use more data.  

Check this web article.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/apps-that-use-the-most-data/

Using Wifi when available in public.  Might need ro increase your data plan instead of buying 30 dollar 1 GB data add on (too expensive).

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Kaylaulrich1, I suggest looking at the data usage stats to see what is consuming data at such high rate.  Obviously, you need to do less of that.  There's no cell plan out there that offers so much usage at a reasonable price.  I have a 4GB allotment for each 30 day cycle.  I am not bashful with using cellular data and I manage to use about 3GB typically.  The one thing I am mindful of is videos.  If you stream video, you need an unlimited usage plan.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi,
If you have any questions concerning your account, just send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.