cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data doesn't work

poopnugget
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I started my plan a couple days ago and I can make phone calls and do imessage but i can't go on the internet or use other apps that use data.

I have a Japanese iphone SE.

3 REPLIES 3

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@poopnuggetSwap your SIM card with another known working phone to see if data works. If the data doesnt work on the other phone then it is a provisioning error and only moderators can fix it. If the data works on, look under Settings -> General   -> About and see if the Carrier Profile displays Public Mobile 36.0.1 if not, you will need to erase Network Settings under Settings > General > Reset.

sheldun
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

did you turn on/off your data on certain apps? check your cellular settings and scroll all the way down to whichever app you need to surf the web (i will assume your using safari), and make sure the switch is toggled on.

Let me know if this works, or anything else you've tried

Anonymous
Not applicable

@poopnugget wrote:

I started my plan a couple days ago and I can make phone calls and do imessage but i can't go on the internet or use other apps that use data.

I have a Japanese iphone SE.

Other than possible foreign compatibility issues...this thread should have everything you need to get data going.

Does your wifi work?

Then turn it off and turn on cell data. Does any internet work now?

Need Help? Let's chat.