Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data consumption

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Hello .

I have a question. I bought data options of 200 Mb the 4th december and a 1 GB on the 13th january. I can see in my consumption on self service account tha t I consumed about 292 Mb since december 4th but on my account homepage I can see that I consumed 1358 Mb....Why this is a so big shift????

And second thing did you see the day of a new update that some data are taken???? ...the same day as the 474663 texts....??? 

21 REPLIES 21

7AD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Lieux wrote:

@7AD It was not data with a plan... but with an add-on... so yes in this case the data stay until it’s finished not at the end of the 30’s days plan...Smiley Wink

Thanks. I stand corrected (and in the corner). Smiley Indifferent

@7AD It was not data with a plan... but with an add-on... so yes in this case the data stay until it’s finished not at the end of the 30’s days plan...Smiley Wink

7AD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Lieux wrote:

The only way to correct that was with the moderator_team because it was a mistake when they adjusted my Mb when I had the problem  with the add-on who didn’t stack.... Everything is correct now and I still leave my data off ...and @will13amI don’t forget to put it on when I need data Smiley Wink

When you change data plans the leftover data does not rollover. It is the same situation month-to-month unused data allotment does not carry over. If you change plans it is almost always better to choose the 'at next billing cycle' option so you do not loose existing unused data during the current billing period.

@Lieux wrote:

The only way to correct that was with the moderator_team because it was a mistake when they adjusted my Mb when I had the problem  with the add-on who didn’t stack.... Everything is correct now and I still leave my data off ...and @will13amI don’t forget to put it on when I need data Smiley Wink

I am glad for you that everything is back to normal.  I guess we all do things differently.  I have a friend who also keeps data off all the time.  He's the one that didn't buy a plan with enough data, but insists it's enough.  My concerns are different.  I am not happy that my purchase goes to waste at the end of a billing period.  Since I don't normally use 4GB per month, I keep my data on all the time.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@will13am wrote:

No need to turn mobile data off in WiFi zones.

@will13am this depends on how the phone is confgured.  iPhones have a "WiFi Assist" feature, and some Androids have similar (on my OnePlus device it's named "Smart Wi-Fi Switching"); if this is enabled, the phone will automatically use mobile data when the WiFi signal is unrelaible or slow.  

What would I do without you? 

@will13am well, you did ask me to continue correcting you 😉  LOL Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@will13am this depends on how the phone is confgured.  iPhones have a "WiFi Assist" feature, and some Androids have similar (on my OnePlus device it's named "Smart Wi-Fi Switching"); if this is enabled, the phone will automatically use mobile data when the WiFi signal is unrelaible or slow.  

What would I do without you? 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

No need to turn mobile data off in WiFi zones.  WiFi always disables Mobile data by rule.  The problem with manual intervention is forgetting to turn mobile data back on when needed.  Then you don't know why things are not working.

MJ23
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I turn my cellular data off when I’m in a wifi zone (for example at home) to ensure these things are limited and don’t happen.

hope this helps,

mj23

@will13am it's a long story...200 Mb which was not finished disappeared (remember didn't stack..)..so the mods have give me some credits..

You may have to contact a moderator about that, I agree those numbers seem way off. I just looked at mine and they are slightly off too, though not as off as yours. I would also recomment what @Luddite suggested about a data monitoring app. Make sure it's one that you can set to change every 30 days instead of every month.

I have an Iphone 5s but it's always with data off...except some minutes some days.... @Luddite

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Lieux, what I am seeing in the overview and what you are saying in the OP does not match.  Usually when another add-on is purchased prior to consuming the previous add-on, the reaminder is added to the new add-on to create a new total.  The usage is then zeroed.  I see aroung 1.8GBs worth of data.  200 MB and 1GB don't add up to that much even if there was no data consumed.  Was there another add-on purchase that got misplaced?

@Lieux What phone do you have? iPhones can use data EVEN while connected to wifi.

If you are having problems managing data you may need to use a data manager app for a while to understand what is happening. 

We have rarely seen the PM data counter in error.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

660E5DFE-6424-488A-A6E9-E2D4C3B902A3.png

660E5DFE-6424-488A-A6E9-E2D4C3B902A3.png

21385EB1-2209-42BC-B052-E2C5FB36A3D7.png

ED0B8165-AAA5-4C55-80F0-9A53F67B8F06.png

1D68A4A4-C323-4843-A4E5-D4F4CEB5D088.png

9A664671-28C8-46E7-A680-8B0819003687.png

72B2764A-4F55-46B1-A107-D5A98CC86456.png

And that’s what I can see in my usage of data....5/9 pages...

Where do you get the 292 Mb consumption from?

06EDF595-5050-4E74-B604-FDC9BCC08587.png

That’s my consumption...

@LieuxIt just doesn't make sense, are you sure you're looking at the right numbers? Do you have data in your regular plan? If not then there should be know way for you to have gone over the data amount you purchased.

It would be difficult because I have 9 pages of details of my consumption since the 4th december.... @Alex888

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
Could you post screen captures of that, with your private information removed?
Need Help? Let's chat.