cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data & minutes not updating

RamsayHanna
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I just joined a couple weeks ago (after some challenges with port out) but  my data & minutes are not updating.  (I'm on the $15 plan)

I've logged out and restarted my phone but not having any luck... any suggestions?

26 REPLIES 26

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It can be reset by support people. My first thought was browser cache issue but when it added your 0/500 minutes but not updated 2/100 then this is a glitch. 

@RamsayHanna 

That's a strange glitch. Have the CSA open a ticket with tech team to look into and correct this glitch.

@Anonymous wrote:

There...20 more questions 🙂

Nope. Only 3. Keep going! You can do it, we can add few more if needed! 😋

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RamsayHanna : And this is why I hate the 20 questions. Pics tell 1000 words.

So did you do all the browser suggestions? Did you get the text saying you had 10 minutes left? Did you get a recording saying something wrong with calling?

There...20 more questions 🙂

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@walker1 wrote:

@RamsayHanna 

If you used up all of your plan minutes (100) for the month, it won't reset until your next renewal date, in a couple of weeks.   You'll only have your addon minutes reset as you use them.

eg...   25/500

Therefore there's nothing wrong to fix.

We're talking here about resetting the numbers to the proper values, not resetting them from scratch.

@RamsayHanna wrote:

I have used up all 100 minutes and purchased 500 more minutes but my useage shows as:

2/100

0/500

... it's not showing accurate useage.

I wonder if it will reset itself after your next renewal..

again, did you check the Usage History page?  did it update?

Public Mobile - Usage History

Ok then, there's something to be fixed then.  Sorry 😐

Thanks for the visual 😊

RamsayHanna

I have used up all 100 minutes and purchased 500 more minutes but my useage shows as:

2/100

0/500

... it's not showing accurate useage.

@RamsayHanna 

If you used up all of your plan minutes (100) for the month, it won't reset until your next renewal date, in a couple of weeks.   You'll only have your addon minutes reset as you use them.

eg...   25/500

@RamsayHanna 

That is strange, updating of your calls and usage is normally instantly on your Self Serve account.
You probably used up all your data when you were on hold with the government agency.
Meanwhile, you can purchase an Add-on or text your friends and family to call you since text and in coming calls are unlimited.

You can also install TextNow app and get free Canada/USA calling and texting but you need to pick an additional number. So your phone will have a PM number and a TextNow number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RamsayHanna : I simply don't bother with the detail pages. The front page overview counters are almost immediate and accurate. The details are delayed and clumsy to use. Think of them as a log of activity of the service.

@RamsayHanna wrote:

Yes... it only showed 2 minutes of call time used and then never updated again.  I eventually ran out of minutes and purchased 500 more minutes as I needed to speak to government agencies and was on hold for extended periods.

I'll open a ticket to see if they can reset everything.

Thanks

@RamsayHanna 

When calling government agencies on 800 numbers, you shouldn't be using any of your minutes.

You can also save minutes by using a free voip app like Textnow for unlimited calls and texts. That;s what I do when calling a number I know would put me on hold for a long time.

@RamsayHanna   Also, check My Account Usage History and see if the Usage page updated

@RamsayHanna...be sure to try the advise provided by @softech . I think you'll find that should clear things up.

Alternative is to dial 611 to get info on you current account status.

RamsayHanna

it's not updating on 'Overview, view my useage'... worked the first day and then now changes for the past 2 weeks.

@RamsayHanna wrote:

I'm not having any problems making calls or using data... it just hasn't updated my 'usage' in over 2 weeks.

@RamsayHanna   It could be just a browser issue 

Try to use another browser (Chrome/Edge/Firefox)

or clear cache, close all browser windows and relaunch

or use Incognito mode

or try browsers on another computer or phone

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@RamsayHanna

It should only take about a hour to update all usage on your account please try calling 611 to check remaining minutes and data remaining 611 option 3

If this does not give you updated information please contact customer service on this site

RamsayHanna

I'm not having any problems making calls or using data... it just hasn't updated my 'usage' in over 2 weeks.

RamsayHanna

Yes... it only showed 2 minutes of call time used and then never updated again.  I eventually ran out of minutes and purchased 500 more minutes as I needed to speak to government agencies and was on hold for extended periods.

I'll open a ticket to see if they can reset everything.

Thanks

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@RamsayHanna wrote:

Hello,

I just joined a couple weeks ago (after some challenges with port out) but  my data & minutes are not updating.  (I'm on the $15 plan)

I've logged out and restarted my phone but not having any luck... any suggestions?

@RamsayHanna 

Do you mean they're not updating since day 1 ?

If so ask CS to have a look and reset them:

Spoiler
Open a ticket via:
https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time)
Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗"

or send a private message to:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication process.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@RamsayHanna...be aware that the $15 plan has limited data (250MB) as well as limited outgoing calls (100 mins). Perhaps you've run out until next renewal maybe ?

Log in to your account. Look at My Data and Add-ons. If you see no mention of data...you've consumed it all. You'll have to wait until next renewal for a fresh batch of data.

You can either upgrade to be more costly plan or get a calling add-on ... $5 for 500 minutes of Canada wide calling. You can also get a data add-on...but expen$ive.

Consider upgrading to the $25 plan with unlimited Canada wide calling and 1GB of data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RamsayHanna 

i suggest you close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open one Browser incognito mode,

or try it for a different Browser and open incognito mode,

how to open Browser incognito mode visit Here link,

how to clear cache and cookies and History visit Here link,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

how to update your Browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and if you use a home internet take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network,

@RamsayHanna 

If your data and minutes used aren't showing up in your over view page, maybe your out of both 🙂

Edit...

If turn your airplane mode on and then off, things should update then. Give it a try.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RamsayHanna 

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account, sometime the history take 12 hr to you see it,

for more information about Managing Your Data Usage visit  Here link to save your data...

and turn off background data, to save your data.

when your data limit used all, is will be off until next renewal cycle,

at public mobile 30 day Prepaid Service No fees extra charges,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,,to refreshing your network,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The system can take some time to reflect usage changes on the account page side of things, it is sadly not completely real-time and not without its glitches 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@RamsayHanna wrote:

Hello,

What do you meant by your data and minutes not updating?  you cannot make calls or data not working? 

Or your meant what is showing on My Account -> My Data and Add-ons are not accurate, not updated?

Need Help? Let's chat.