cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data add on

marilynrkb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I Used all data and am sure I bought an extra gig yesterday but is not showing yet it charged my credit card 15. Can you check my account as I am totally confused now and have checked it all.

9 REPLIES 9

marilynrkb

Thank you.  I'm going to do this!

@marilynrkb 

There has been a few complaints lately of unusually high data usage with normally low data users. Do you employ all of your data saving options? Do you use and reset your data tracker each 30 days? Do you have your data saver enabled? Do you have all your background data usage for apps off? Go thru reach of your apps data usage to narrow down the culprits burning thru your data. They can sometimes have a glitch and remain running in the background. Look for apps that run video such as YouTube, Instagram or tictoc. Is it possible you downloaded a rogue app? Or accidently had a software update while on mobile data? Do you have an iPhone with WiFi assist On? Going thru your daily usage history you can note the twice daily data usage updates to see in which 12 hour increments that you have used large amounts of data.

I suggest using your data trackers ability to set warnings and limits. I have mine set for 25% (warning) and 50% (limit). This way if unusual data usage happens without my knowledge I am warned and then my data will shut off when it hits my preset levels. That way I am warned well before pm warnings are sent to me and with data add ons no warnings are sent. If you have numerous data add ons not using data limiters can have expensive consequences.

@marilynrkb wrote:

Yes but next day said data all used and then on Oct 2nd plan auto renewed and in 3 days said data all used.  Nightmare. Moderator said i used all data but there is no possible way.  I have a message into them. Thanks.

Unfortunately, if Public Mobile's usage history shows a certain amount of usage, it's your word against Public's. Unfortuantely, It's really up to the customer to prove that there's a mistake. 

marilynrkb

Got the extra data but next day said data all used and then on Oct 2nd plan auto renewed and in 3 days said data all used.  Nightmare. Moderator said i used all data but there is no possible way.  I have a message into them. Thanks

marilynrkb

Yes but next day said data all used and then on Oct 2nd plan auto renewed and in 3 days said data all used.  Nightmare. Moderator said i used all data but there is no possible way.  I have a message into them. Thanks.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@marilynrkb...

did you get this add-on applied to your account yet ?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Purchasing add-ons are a two step process 

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@marilynrkb wrote:

I Used all data and am sure I bought an extra gig yesterday but is not showing yet it charged my credit card 15. Can you check my account as I am totally confused now and have checked it all.

Log into My Account and see if there's extra $$ in Available Funds. If so, now go back and actually buy the add-on you wanted. It's a 2 step process to get the add-ons.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@marilynrkb wrote:

@marilynrkb   Sounds like you missed the second step of making an add-on purchase, first add funds and then go add the required add-on.  Since the funds are in you account balance simply go log into your account and select purchase add-on next to my plans/add-ons halfway down the overview page.

Edit:  BTW after making any changes whether changing plans or buy add-ons make sure to reboot your phone afterwards.

Need Help? Let's chat.