cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage that I never used?

jlw175
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,
Just activated my Public Mobile account today. My data has been off the whole time since I inserted the SIM card. Meanwhile, my data usage in the Self-Serve portal says I have already used a little bit. Any ideas why that might be? I'm on WiFi and my data settings are locked down pretty well. I don't think there are any 'data leaks' of sorts. Is this normal with Public Mobile to lose data when not using it?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Korth wrote:

slowly suckling your precious data.

Priceless! 🙂

There's also background data - syncs, updates, telemetry. Especially unavoidable if you let all the data on your device echo on the cloud.

Gotta disable all the app permissions for background data if you don't want hidden leeches slowly suckling your precious data.

@kb_mv wrote:

@jlw175 This is normal. PM takes about a 5MB buffer. If you turn your phone to airplane mode and reload the account page you will see it drop. Turn on the phone and reload and you will see it there again. Perfectly normal and doesn't add up on your limit.

Hi @jlw175  ^^^^ this one by @kb_mv .  I just changed plans recently and my usage also said that I had used 5mb right away.  Well, now we know. lol

Welcome to Public Mobile and the Community!  1

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@jlw175 This is normal. PM takes about a 5MB buffer. If you turn your phone to airplane mode and reload the account page you will see it drop. Turn on the phone and reload and you will see it there again. Perfectly normal and doesn't add up on your limit.

Need Help? Let's chat.