cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Reached??

sophb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What happens when you reach your data limit? Having difficulties finding what happens, i.e. throttled speed, overage charges? 

TIA! 

8 REPLIES 8

Why are people answering questions already answered long ago with the same answers?

daenerys
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You won't have access to any more data on your account. You'll need to pay more to add on data. 

tron182
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

it will stop working

@cj_in_ChilliI  It makes sure you just up your plan if you need more data...but really is just a hold over from when data was expensive everywhere even if it's 4g own its own. But when you're gifted it it seems valuable.

CJ_in_Chilli
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@popping wrote:

@sophb 

PM is prepaid provide.  Your data will stop after you used all your plan data.

Options to get more data:
3. You can buy data add-ons $30 1GB data or $10 200MB data. Expensive option

I've never done add-on, but when I saw this I thought:"holy f*, that's crazy stupid out there!" 

What's with that?

By the way, with Lucky Mobile they promise that once you reach your plan's data quota limit it will continue at lower speed, but it just stops. Called customer service 5 times for a healthy dose of run around, lame excuses and pretend transfer-to-tech-support disconnects. Rather be with a carrier that's up front about their lame service (less for less) and complete lack of customer support!

Yeah for transparence! 

@sophb wrote:

What happens when you reach your data limit? Having difficulties finding what happens, i.e. throttled speed, overage charges? 

Public Mobile does not have any pay-per-user service charges for anything.  Anything that you try to do for your phone must have already been paid for as part of your plan or as an add-on package.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sophb 

PM is prepaid provide.  Your data will stop after you used all your plan data.

Options to get more data:
1. If your current data limit does not meet your 30 days' need, you may change a plan with more data. You can do the plan from self-serve. You get your data back immediately with plan change.
2. If you need to create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the bottom right hand corner of this page. Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days. If your next renewal date is 2 - 3 days away, you may just on data diet for a few days until after renewal.
3. You can buy data add-ons $30 1GB data or $10 200MB data. Expensive option

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@sophbIf you reach your data limit, your data will stop working and the listing of the data bucket in your selfserve account's front page will disappear.

Need Help? Let's chat.