cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Overage with auto pay

3molly3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We are set up to pay with auto pay. Will we be charged overage if we go over our data coverage, or will data just stop? 

6 REPLIES 6

3molly3

Perfect! Thanks for the reply!

3molly3

Great! Thanks for the reply! And yes, I’ve done the add on! Great freebie, what a great welcome!

3molly3

Great advice...good to know the data will carry from month to month if not used. Many thanks!

DM100watch
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Data will just stop.  I think it is a good idea to buy a few extra Gigabytes of data to keep as a reserve so that you aren't caught by surprise...$15 per gigabyte and it never expires so you can carry it from month to month until you use it all up.  When I signed up they gave me 2GB of extra data free so I will use that for now and when I run low, add a few GB.  I have wifi at home and work and my smartwatch (which uses public mobile) is mainly wifi so you don't actually need very much data unless you are away from your home a lot...at least that's what I found.  Good luck!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

No you will not be charged for extra data @3molly3 

It will just stop.

For extra FREE data, don't forget to add-on the FREE Holiday Freebies being offered, but you must add them by December 31 to get them.   

How to redeem your free data and international minutes:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account 
  2. Click “Purchase Add-Ons” in My Data & Add-ons section of Overview tab
  3. Select the Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 2GB Add-on and/or Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 500min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US). It’s up to you if you want one or both!
  4. Click “Buy Add-Ons” at the bottom of your screen.

HALIMACS_0-1609119387248.jpeg

HALIMACS_1-1609119387276.jpeg

@3molly3 wrote:

We are set up to pay with auto pay. Will we be charged overage if we go over our data coverage, or will data just stop? 

There aren't any overage charges for anything at Public Mobile. To continue using data after you run out, you must purchase a data add-on, rewew your plan early by asking a moderator, or perform an immediate plan change (and pay for the new plan immediately). You can choose to continue using your current plan without the use of data if you wish.

Need Help? Let's chat.