cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data, MMS and incoming calls not working Sonim XP7

Ferlea
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi guys!

I recently bought a used SONIM XP7 phone. It is now unlocked (it was previously ROGERS). I cannot use Data on this phone. How do I configure the SONIM XP7 so that I may use Public Mobile's Data plan? I went through this already on my iphone 4... I guess the procedure is different?

Also -- I can make outgoing calls, but I cannot receive incoming calls or texts. I can also kind of send texts as of now, but they are very very delayed. I assume I need to configure the phone for this as well.

4 REPLIES 4

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ferlea wrote:

I should be clear, I did not port the number from Rogers. I bought a phone that I unlocked (the previous owner used Rogers) and I moved my PM sim card from my iphone 4 into this SONIM XP7. The first day that I moved the card (saturday May 5), calling and texting was working normally. I didn't try data that day. Now nothing is working...

I did set up the APN settings as per your guidelines, nothing works today.

THANKS

@Ferlea if you haven't already, it sounds like it's time to reach out to the moderator team for assistance.  Here's all the details you'll need for the process:

Spoiler
How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?In your message please include:
  • PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue
Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
  • Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount
How long until they reply?:
  • Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.
How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Ferlea
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I should be clear, I did not port the number from Rogers. I bought a phone that I unlocked (the previous owner used Rogers) and I moved my PM sim card from my iphone 4 into this SONIM XP7. The first day that I moved the card (saturday May 5), calling and texting was working normally. I didn't try data that day. Now nothing is working...

I did set up the APN settings as per your guidelines, nothing works today.

THANKS

When outgoing calls, not receiving incoming calls usually isn't something that you have to fiddle around with the phone to get working (except for maybe if you have mistakely forwarded your phone number).  This is usually a symptom of an incomplete number transfer.

For cellular data and MMS, you do need to make sure the APN settings are correct.  Once these settings are set correctly, cellular internet and outgoing MMS will work fine regardless of the status of the number port.

As for outgoing messages being slow to send, there isn't any setting that I can think of that could be changed to alter that behavior.  There is a setting called the SMSC, but that settting set incorrectly would cause the sending of text messages to simply fail, rather than to take  a few seconds.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Ferlea That calling pattern is normal during a number transfer. 

Try your old SIM. If it works just keep using it until the PM SIM is functional. Do not close your old account; that will happen automatically. Or if you have another phone, use your old SIM in it and carry on with two phones

If your port-in of a cell number has stalled more than 3 hours you will need moderator assistance. If so, send  a private message to the moderator team with your phone number and an explanation. Include the following info:

• PM SIM card number
  • old carrier account number, exactly as shown on your bill. 
  • old carrier phone number
  • the account holder's name, exactly as shown on your bill
  • an Alternate Phone Number; someone else’s, not your own

As far as the data goes, your phone will be fine on 3G but hit & miss on LTE. Try setting the cellular network to 3G instead of auto/LTE. If that does not help, check your APN settings: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-up-Data-APN-on-your-phone/ta-p....

Lastly, you posted to an old thread. In future you will have more assurance of help by creating your own topic on the forum  (which I have done for you today), or sending a private message directly to the moderators.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.