cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Add-On Not Applied

emily_gry
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I purchased a 1 GB data add-on for the month of June and added it, but I don’t think that it was actually applied to my account.

I am unable to verify what my data usage is, as the “Data & Add-On Usage” page is blank on my account (see pictures attached). 

If the data was not actually applied to my account when I purchased it (it charged my account $33.90 on June 1st based on my credit card statement, which I also don’t understand because the website said it would be $30), then I WANT A REFUND. 

Please help me out. 

Edit: SS removed by NDesai as it included personal info

5 REPLIES 5

Jdmom3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey, I’m not sure what kind of phone you have but under the cellular data settings you can see what apps on your phone use the data. I just downloaded an app from my car insurance company and it drained 75% of my data within a week. So I was able to turn off certain apps from using data. This may help in the future.

as for the $30, there will be tax added as it’s a good/service. 

chelsealzl
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The extra $ you were charged was the tax. The amount showing in self-serve is pre-tax. Regarding your data, I wasn't able to see your screenshot as it has already been edited out. But if you go to "plan and add-ons" then "usage history", what does that say? If it is actually used up, you should see the usage there. If it wasn't used and it wasn't added to your account, contact the moderators.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@emily_gry 

This is a forum and anyone can access the inormation posted.  Please edit your screen shoots to remove your phone number if you do not want spam calls.

The 1GB data add-on is in LTE speed.  Your add-on data may be completely used  That is the reason why do not see the data usage line on your overview page.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@emily_gry wrote:

Hi there,

I purchased a 1 GB data add-on for the month of June and added it, but I don’t think that it was actually applied to my account.

I am unable to verify what my data usage is, as the “Data & Add-On Usage” page is blank on my account (see pictures attached). 

If the data was not actually applied to my account when I purchased it (it charged my account $33.90 on June 1st based on my credit card statement, which I also don’t understand because the website said it would be $30), then I WANT A REFUND. 

Please help me out. 

You pay your relevant taxes at the credit card. The add-on is $30.

It would seem that your phone ate all the data. Sometimes the operating system on the phone will do that. Sometimes apps and their updates will do that. Have a look at your data usage and you should be able to find the culprit.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

I can see your data add on plus there is tax on the 30 dollars ,you may want to blank out your phone number since this is a public forum

Need Help? Let's chat.