cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DATA NOT WORKING

DM5150
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I switched over to public mobile on mar 13 and signed up with the $45 unlimited txt and calling plan w/ 6g of data. Data worked fine up until April 1st, then I renewed it, now it won’t work. I’ve tried switching my APN, airplane mode, turned my phone on an off a dozen times, etc, I’ve tried just about everything. My phone is a iPhone 6. Any help appreciated, 

26 REPLIES 26

jesusisgod
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

i did not know that either .wow 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@DM5150 wrote:

I switched over to public mobile on mar 13 and signed up with the $45 unlimited txt and calling plan w/ 6g of data. Data worked fine up until April 1st, then I renewed it, now it won’t work. I’ve tried switching my APN, airplane mode, turned my phone on an off a dozen times, etc, I’ve tried just about everything. My phone is a iPhone 6. Any help appreciated, 

What do you mean "renewed it"?

Did you do an immediate plan change to a different plan? Did you ask the moderators to renew your plan early?

My guess is you've used all your data or your phone has a data stop point set for a calendar month.

Wooooo, @Anonymous had the answer almost immediately!  I would mark his answer as the solution.  The rest of us were playing support crew.

Not necessary. Team work.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@DM5150 wrote:

Yup it is just sitting there 

@DM5150 think of your self-serve account a bit like a Walmart gift card.  Simply adding funds to your Walmart gift card won't put the groceries and laundry detergent in your trunk to drive home, you need to actually go and spend those loaded funds.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous wrote:

@DM5150 wrote:

Did you do an immediate plan change to a different plan? Did you ask the moderators to renew your plan early?

My guess is you've used all your data or your phone has a data stop point set for a calendar month.

Wooooo, @Anonymous had the answer almost immediately!  I would mark his answer as the solution.  The rest of us were playing support crew.

Pizzaeh

@DM5150 yes, the $ you just added would sit in your Available Funds until your next renewal date. 

If you use that much data, there is a $50 plan with 8GB (+500MB with AutoPay enabled), and data add-ons at $30/1GB.  You could check your phone and turn off auto-update for your apps.  If you go into the settings you can see which apps consumed the most data. 

@DM5150 wrote:

Oooh. That I didn’t know . So I need a moderator to renew my plan then 

I would rather buy an add-on for more data...10$ for 200 MB or 30$ for 1go...with an add-on you will not loose your rewards for the earlier renewal of your plan..up to you..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DM5150 wrote:

To renew your plan *early* yes. You can change to another plan anytime. But there are no refunds or pro-rating done here.

DM5150

Yup it is just sitting there 

Pizzaeh

@DM5150 wrote:

Yes, click here to send them a private message.  Explain to them in detail what you're trying to do.  

DM5150

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DM5150 

Ok. So you topped up. Is the amount (or more) that you topped up still sitting there in your Available Funds?

Just topping up just adds money to the account. To get more data you need to either 1) do an early renewal which needs the moderators to do or 2) you can do an immediate plan change which would mean losing the value that you've already spent for the next couple days.

Since you're now just a couple days away from renewing your 6gb maybe you could get a data add-on to tie you over. Or just make do with using wifi here and there.

@DM5150 wrote:

And yes it was for the same plan 

Ok...but you need to ask the moderator to renew your plan early...

Pizzaeh

@DM5150 wrote:

I don’t think so, it was included in the plan when I paid for it 

I see, when you say you topped up your account, it wasn't an add-on.   That means you probably changed plans?  Renewing the same plan early can't be done by the subscriber themselves; that has to be done by the moderators.

DM5150

And yes it was for the same plan 

DM5150

Yeah I used all my data early , so I topped up with $45 around April 1st . 

@DM5150 wrote:

After the money is in your account you need to click on the add-on to choose it.

DM5150

@DM5150 wrote:

Yes I used all my data and then topped up my account 

But did you activate your add-on? Can you see it in your first page on your self-serve account?

DM5150

I don’t have the tools to do that, 

Pizzaeh

@DM5150 Since this is likely related to the plan and what tried to do online in self-serve, I doubt it has anything to do with your phone.  Don't try to remove the battery, unless you feel like taking your iPhone apart.

If you switched over to Public Mobile on March 13th, you would have had 30/90 days to use the 6GB.  As @Anonymous asked, did you use up all your data, so you wanted to renew your plan early on April 1st?  If you renewed early for the same plan (no plan change), I think only the moderators can do that; if you changed to a different plan, the system will allow you to make that change. 

Could you explain exactly the steps you went through?  We (other customers) can try to help you figure out why your data is not working, but we need clarification on how exactly you 'renewed' your plan.

DM5150

Yes I used all my data and then topped up my account 

DM5150

Tired it but no luck. Thanks though

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@DM5150 wrote:

Did you buy an add-on for data?

Phonehelper
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Try taking out the battery and wait a few minutes. Put the battery back in and it should start working. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DM5150 wrote:

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You can try the lost/stolen phone trick to re-provision your plan features.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using Plan and Add-Ons --> Lost/Stolen Phone
3. Log off
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

This will not blacklist your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.