cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service

Deano53
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Another thing I find really odd about this company is when we go to sign up for instance at London drugs or wherever they have access to a live person ( no problem ) as soon as we sign up ( big problem ) All of a sudden customer service for us is not available. But what’s really interesting is when I need to get an issue resolved I reach out to London drugs or wherever we sign up and they have access to a live person . Anyone else sees what’s wrong with this picture? 

64 REPLIES 64

Deano53

They didn’t offer me that option .. but it seems that yourself and possible many others( not criticizing you believe me ) I appreciate your response but why does it take 3-5 business days or in this specific case 11 days ? I get what your saying about long weekends etc but this should be able to be done instantaneously after checking for 5-10 minutes . The excuse about long weekends and holidays is completely unacceptable in my opinion . Just saying.

@Deano53 

That is longer than their normal goal of 3 to 5 business days for double charges during activation. I'm sure they offered an account credit which many customers would accept instead. But seeing as there was a long weekend >>4 day work week>> can turn 3 to 5 business days into 10 or 11 regular days.

Today is the 5th business day since the long weekend so hopefully your extra payment will be credited back to your crecit card.

Deano53

What I did say is I don’t want to hear the excuse “ it’s our policy “ or any other excuses he can come up with . We as consumers deserve better than this ( in my opinion)

Deano53

You know what’s crazy and so unbelievable as well.. I’m emailing the guy that took over my case and I’ve asked him the question I’ve posed here about having to wait 10-15 days and he just ignores me and won’t answer a basic simple question .. he now says he processed the return and I should see it today 🤷🏼

Deano53

Basically I’m emailing someone in customer service and asking them In what universe should it take 15 days for them to refund a mistake ( they made in their end ) it was a double charge when I signed up . I have a confirmation number I received when an employee from London drugs contacted a PM employee and I showed them the double charge and they admitted it was a mistake on their end but still 10 days later no refund! It’s quite unbelievable and I know I’ve brought this up in one of my previous posts I just can’t believe this is allowed to happen or ever should happen in 2021. They can debit our account and get money immediately but I takes 10-15 days to get a refund when THEY screw up . This has absolutely nothing to do  with my bank at all , that’s not the problem it’s on their end.

@Deano53 

Depending on the subject of the feedback and its urgency and importance there is a variety of ways to provide feedback to pm.

If it's in regards to your account or service and of a positive or negative nature you can report it to a CSA and if necessary it can be escalated to a pm manager or even further you can also raise it to the escalations department the last stop before filing a formal complaint with the CCTS. To provide feedback on the CSA and your customer support experience ask for a review link from the CSA once you are done.

If you want to raise an issue or garner opinion posting here in the community is a good idea. If you find your bandwagon getting full and think the thread has provided excellent feedback on the subject or you feel pm management should be made aware then tagging the community manager (currently @J_PM ) in the thread pretty much guarantees she will read your post if not the entire thread.

Occasionally if feasible and practical they may implement it right away. (a là @AE_Collector 's musing turning into a permanent 50% savings on the cost of add on data ($30/1gb>>$15/1gb and $10/200mb=$5/200mb.)

Or if is personal in nature, inflammatory or otherwise not meant for the masses you can seek advice from a fellow member that you can trust. Generally mayors have put their time in here. Oracles can help act as a go between when formally communicating with pm management and can advise you on approach and managing expectations. Then if you wish you can private message the community manager and go from there.

Deano53

Awesome , I’m very grateful for the help and the information you provided 😊

@Deano53   

If you want your comment to be heard by customers like us in the Community , yes, open a new post here.  However, please note that there is no guarantee that people working in PM will actually get to the posts here.

If you want to formally leave PM a feedback, please open a ticket with Customer Support Agent.  There are two ways to open ticktets:

1. Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Deano53 wrote:

Good morning, I’m trying to navigate through all the posts trying to find an answer to “ how do I leave feedback for this company “ I haven’t been able to find an answer as of yet , can anyone let me know how to do that?

thanks 😊 

Start your own thread and say what's on your mind.

Deano53

Good morning, I’m trying to navigate through all the posts trying to find an answer to “ how do I leave feedback for this company “ I haven’t been able to find an answer as of yet , can anyone let me know how to do that?

thanks 😊 

Deano53

Awesome 👏 👍👍two thumbs up

Deano53

Isn’t that soooo hilarious when the recording comes on and says those words “your call is very important to us … and yes at times there is a call back feature but with my online bank there is none:)

some help desk offers to call you back instead of have you wait on the line.  I think that is the best model.  Yes, they might it call you back within 5 minutes,  likely an hour or two later.  But at least not need to wait on the phone and often to the "noise " and the recording  "You are very IMPORTANT..."

Anonymous
Not applicable

And yet when this place is ticking, people are getting responses back from the CSA's in just a few minutes. Sure, not 24/7. But not long.

I think it has always been thus with call centres. Then the little bug going around had a severe impact on number of agents and response times. And they all cost money. It's no accident that the top tier providers are more expensive for what you get. Then all those greedy corporations saw their bottom lines impacted. Guess what costs they cut to regain that bottom line.

So pick your poison I guess.

@darlicious      Ditto ! 😂

@Deano53 

This is why I love public mobile....no contracts, extra billing or overages. Add ons are one time purchases that don't expire and my phone bill(s) every month? Oh wait...they pay me!😃💲💸💲

Deano53

Wow , it’s unreal how these businesses completely disrespected your time and everyone else’s as well. I’m sorry to hear what you went through. There are (2)  sayings that apply to what we are going through..(1) we get what we allow. And (2) , as dr. Phil says on his show… the definition of insanity 🤪 is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Actually a third one applies as well (3) if nothing changes everything will stay the same . Hey I’m not any wiser or smarter than anyone here, I’m just hoping somehow someway we can make a difference in everyone’s lives by spending just a bit less time on hold:)

@Deano53 

I was tempted to do that every month for 18 months that I had to spend a minimum of 3 hours on the phone with fido getting bogus charges removed from the bf's bill. The 18th month they had messed up so badly I demanded a months credit in compensation that brought the current monthly charges to be paid in full. I ported the phone number to pm a couple days later!

Deano53

Good morning everyone, this is just a half serious thought, kind of joking but not really.. yesterday in total I spent 3 hours on hold to try to get to talk to my online bank ( the 3 hours on hold is the serious and honest no lie part) so I finally gave up and emailed them feedback.. I said to them in part what my time is worth when I go to a job and said to them are they going to send me what my (3) hours is worth and direct deposit that in my account? My half joking request to our community is , whatever your time is worth ( everyone has their own price or what they consider their time is worth) when we do finally get through to whatever business we are trying to talk to, we should send them a bill for our time:) 😊 I know it will never happen ( them paying us) but maybe just maybe if everyone started doing it things MIGHT change. 🤷🏼

Deano53

Thanks so much😊👍

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Deano53 

I understand, and definitely agree with what you're saying.  One added note I didn't mention earlier...

Welcome to the Public Mobile Community! 😄

Deano53

Please don’t misunderstand my point. I’m not promoting any company (good or bad) or trying to bad mouth anyone , I was just pointing out how Amazons customer service is far superior in my experience than anyone that I’m presently dealing with that’s all. 😊I’m not looking for an argument or any debates . Enjoy your day everyone 🙂 

BlueB

@Deano53 

Interesting how you bring up some of the other companies like Amazon.  I've heard stories of how companies like Walmart and Amazon "do so well" by treating their employees badly.  While I'm sure there are dissatisfied employees, I know a couple people who actually work for those companies and they really enjoy working there and haven't been poorly treated at all.  From our perspective though, the service from Amazon is definitely easier than from some of these other companies!  🙂

Deano53

Completely understand that issue😊been there 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Actually there is a phone number one can call but only for pre-sale questions and plan inquiries but not for actual support after you become a client.

Community is the best source for any kind of support. Account issues can be handled by CSA only, though.

@Deano53   agree we want to talk to live person.. but only if they have wait time like Amazon

Honest, most help desk these days take forever to wait and Amazon's service is rare.   Live chat is slight better as you don't have to hear the "noise" while waiting.  But with live chat, while waiting, I usually browse other sites or work on the computer, when I remember to check back.. oops. the agent came and closed the chat  😞

Deano53

Totally 100% true about waiting on hold for an hour on hold to get through to Telus customer service or should I say lack of customer service. ( been there done that) . Sometimes it would just be nice for us customers to be able to talk to a live person if we have an issue . Let me just say this, maybe people don’t agree with the huge company Amazon and supporting them and I’m not a big fan of doing this either but when I have an issue with an order I have never been on hold for more and 1 minute no matter what time of day or year. They have the market cornered with customer service as of 2021. Every company can learn how to give better customer service from Amazon. 

BlueB

@Deano53 

There's been some discussion concerning this in the forums, and an interesting counter-argument came up as well about online assistance with a CS Agent.  Although it's nice to have access to live support from Telus, Rogers, etc, the wait times and level of service they provide can often take several hours waiting on hold, following up (and waiting on hold again), etc.

While Public Mobile doesn't provide "live" support, their response times are generally pretty quick and along with this Community, the overall time actually spent on resolving issues can  sometimes take far less overall.  I'm not saying this is necessarily better, but definitely has its advantages (including cheaper cost too).

jib_tech
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Deano53 

I activated with London Drugs 2 years ago. Ported in my number and was all working in 20 minutes. 5 star all day!🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

@Deano53 

Most of the salespeople at London Drugs take the time to be properly informed about the procedure of pm sim card activations and the porting process and in doing so have the phone numbers for the koodo and telus porting departments (along with rogers, bell and freedom I'm sure) to help facilitate the porting process if a problem occurs. This just goes to show why London Drugs is held in high regard as a pm retail partner and lives up to its customer satisfaction guarantee. 

Need Help? Let's chat.