cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deano53
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Customer service

Another thing I find really odd about this company is when we go to sign up for instance at London drugs or wherever they have access to a live person ( no problem ) as soon as we sign up ( big problem ) All of a sudden customer service for us is not available. But what’s really interesting is when I need to get an issue resolved I reach out to London drugs or wherever we sign up and they have access to a live person . Anyone else sees what’s wrong with this picture? 

Accepted Solutions
softech
Mayor / Maire

Re: Customer service

@Deano53   

If you want your comment to be heard by customers like us in the Community , yes, open a new post here.  However, please note that there is no guarantee that people working in PM will actually get to the posts here.

If you want to formally leave PM a feedback, please open a ticket with Customer Support Agent.  There are two ways to open ticktets:

1. Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

View solution in original post

All Replies
hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

no issue at all.  

London drug mobile support are authorized agent, they earn commission for activating accounts for PM and any providers they represent.   They are not PM's employees

PM support is all online, they never hide this fact

if any issue, it's more like London Drug agent failed to explain to you the model PM on and failed to advise you with a mobile carrier that suits your needs. 

mimmo
Oracle

@Deano53  my understanding is retail stores have access for account activation issues, they dont have access to live agents who have account access?  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

All account related issues need to go through the CSA.  It's one of the "perks" of being a PM customer.  It's how the system was setup online only support in order to reduce costs.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Deano53...unless your concern is "account related"...the best support is provided instantly by the wise folks here in the Community Forum. We can usually troubleshoot your issue and point you to resolution fairly fast.

Rely on the Community for your PM related problems not account related.

edit...account issues are best left to the CSA's.

BKNS27
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Deano53 

A friend had his PM SIM activated at LD but he didn’t reply to the SMS text after 4 hours so his porting didn’t go through.

He went back to LD to restart the porting process and staff told him that they only help activate the SIM and he should reach out to this Community or a PM CS Agent.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Deano53 

Most of the salespeople at London Drugs take the time to be properly informed about the procedure of pm sim card activations and the porting process and in doing so have the phone numbers for the koodo and telus porting departments (along with rogers, bell and freedom I'm sure) to help facilitate the porting process if a problem occurs. This just goes to show why London Drugs is held in high regard as a pm retail partner and lives up to its customer satisfaction guarantee. 

jib_tech

@Deano53 

I activated with London Drugs 2 years ago. Ported in my number and was all working in 20 minutes. 5 star all day!🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Deano53 

There's been some discussion concerning this in the forums, and an interesting counter-argument came up as well about online assistance with a CS Agent.  Although it's nice to have access to live support from Telus, Rogers, etc, the wait times and level of service they provide can often take several hours waiting on hold, following up (and waiting on hold again), etc.

While Public Mobile doesn't provide "live" support, their response times are generally pretty quick and along with this Community, the overall time actually spent on resolving issues can  sometimes take far less overall.  I'm not saying this is necessarily better, but definitely has its advantages (including cheaper cost too).

Deano53

Totally 100% true about waiting on hold for an hour on hold to get through to Telus customer service or should I say lack of customer service. ( been there done that) . Sometimes it would just be nice for us customers to be able to talk to a live person if we have an issue . Let me just say this, maybe people don’t agree with the huge company Amazon and supporting them and I’m not a big fan of doing this either but when I have an issue with an order I have never been on hold for more and 1 minute no matter what time of day or year. They have the market cornered with customer service as of 2021. Every company can learn how to give better customer service from Amazon. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Deano53   agree we want to talk to live person.. but only if they have wait time like Amazon

Honest, most help desk these days take forever to wait and Amazon's service is rare.   Live chat is slight better as you don't have to hear the "noise" while waiting.  But with live chat, while waiting, I usually browse other sites or work on the computer, when I remember to check back.. oops. the agent came and closed the chat  😞

Need Help? Let's chat.