cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer base

guinness22
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If PM have customer base they keep going . All be fine ...   May offer 2 GB it plans for 40. They must make 37 dollars a customer to keep going.  

7 REPLIES 7

PM has blundered and recovered on promo scandals before.  And lost some small number of PM customers each time.  And kept going strong with the vast majority of PM customers being undisturbed.  The big messy flare up on the community forums dies down after a couple weeks, the haters move on, business continues as usual.

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawrenwrote:

I really don't think PM is going away.  The "moving people up the ladder" has really always been the goal.  PM is meant as a foot in the door to the Telus family only, really.  I think PM will continue to evolve piece by piece until it looks exactly like it's main competitors:  Chatr and Lucky.  This is 100% purely personal speculation so please take it for the less than two cents it's worth.  I personally think at some point PM will stop offering full-speed LTE data options to new customers or existing customers that need to change their plan.  I think at that point in time they will become a "3G" speed offering only.  I believe they will grandfather existing full-speed LTE plan holders for as long as they stay active and keep the plan*, but only offer 3G speed data plans as the active in-market set.  That's just my speculation.

* of course, we have recently seen that the "for as long as you remain active and on the plan" concept being tested lately, so don't ever count on anything being forever, unless we hear otherwise.  But I think it would be "for the forseeable future" as of the hypotethical date of hyopthetical change that I'm hypothesizing they may make one day.  

I agree with @srlawren, I don't think Public Mobile will be going any, at least not any time soon as I still see lots of marketing material promoting Public Mobile on the TTC/Subway here in Toronto.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I really don't think PM is going away.  The "moving people up the ladder" has really always been the goal.  PM is meant as a foot in the door to the Telus family only, really.  I think PM will continue to evolve piece by piece until it looks exactly like it's main competitors:  Chatr and Lucky.  This is 100% purely personal speculation so please take it for the less than two cents it's worth.  I personally think at some point PM will stop offering full-speed LTE data options to new customers or existing customers that need to change their plan.  I think at that point in time they will become a "3G" speed offering only.  I believe they will grandfather existing full-speed LTE plan holders for as long as they stay active and keep the plan*, but only offer 3G speed data plans as the active in-market set.  That's just my speculation.

* of course, we have recently seen that the "for as long as you remain active and on the plan" concept being tested lately, so don't ever count on anything being forever, unless we hear otherwise.  But I think it would be "for the forseeable future" as of the hypotethical date of hyopthetical change that I'm hypothesizing they may make one day.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@MoraManwrote:

i'm confused...

is there a question about the long term viability of PM?

No just some people starting rumors and assumptions that Telus is trying to move all PM members to Koodo and close down PM. There are comments from the CEO staying they would like to move people up the value brand ladder. However I always see a need for a value brand esp one that they don't need a call center physical stores or a phone number & its mostly self serve other then the great work of the moderators on here.

Actually I'm very surprised they don't want more people moved to PM. 

MoraMan

i'm confused...

is there a question about the long term viability of PM?

guinness22

40 a month. Flat fee .2 GB free calls text. Add on is just Data 10 a GB . And that's it's . Keep it simple 

fsm7268

It should be. I don't think anyone would leave PM. where to go tho? I don't want to pay too much on mobile phone Everything is getting so expensive...

Need Help? Let's chat.