cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service

Kilfoy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm looking to join Public Mobile using my current phone number?  Can you please advise on the steps required to join.  I would really appreciate a phone number?

7 REPLIES 7

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Kilfoy  My advice is to pick a temporary number when activating your Public Mobile sim card.

Once your card has been activated and everything is working to your satisfaction and your selfserve account has been setup online then access your selfserve account and select the change number option to transfer your old number to Public Mobile.

Depending on who your previous provider is it will determine what information will be needed to complete the port without any issues.

If your old provider was Koodo prepaid you will need to submit a ticket to PM and ask them to perform the transfer for you.

To submit a ticket do the following:

PMST.png

Kilfoy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@KilfoyGo purchase a SIM card by following the steps in Get Started link above. Make sure your current provider's account is still active (I will give it a week as spare)

Activate with a temporary number. Once everything is working.. Log into your selfserve account and transfer your existing number (assuming your old provider's account is still active, which is very important)

Porting number to Public MobilePorting number to Public Mobile

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Kilfoy also you can go to Walmart, London drugs, wow mobile and the mobile shop and they'll set you all up to!  Don't forget a refferal code to get a 10$ credit on your new account 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

There is no phone number for customer service.  Support is through this forum and by submitting an online ticket to a moderator.  Here is a link with the steps to setup a new account.  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-started.  You will need to make sure you have a phone compatiable with Public Mobile and purchase a sim card.

scoalegil
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Kilfoy,

I'm new and just went through this process. I'm happy to help. First, Public Mobile saves you a lot of money by being mostly self-serve. You can contact someone in a pinch but you're best off searching the help articles or asking a question as you did. 

Here's how things went for me:

1. I checked my phone for compatibility on the Public Mobile website under Getting Started.

2. I ordered my SIM online through the website (you can also pick one up on Amazon.ca or at a retail location: https://www.publicmobile.ca/store-locator)

3. When I received my SIM, I removed my old one and put the new one in my phone.

4. I went to the Public Mobile website and clicked Getting Started and clicked the Activate SIM button and went through the process.

To get right to the main part of your questions, as part of the activation process there's a section that will ask you if you are keeping your old number. You will go through an extra couple of steps and it will be ported over or they'll tell you if there's a reason it won't port over. 

Once ported, your phone will be able to send and receive text messages immediately (in my experience) but it took about 30 minutes for the phone to be able to make and receive calls.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Kilfoy, Public Mobile does not have a call center.  The customer service is community based.  Non account related inquiries are addressed by customers supporting customers in the community forum for which this post is an example.  Account related matters are dealt with by the moderator team.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. If use of smartform brings no joy, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.