cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom number

token
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

In the description of starting service it says there is an option to search for the last four digits that  I want.

"you’ll have to choose your city and province to get an area code. You can also select the option to customize the last 4 digits of your number".

But when I tried to do that I did not see that option.

A chat lady said I may have to contact a moderator to get help with that

anyone have any ideas?

Tk u

10 REPLIES 10

@BKNS27 

Until about a month ago, Public Mobile used to allow customers to choose the last 4 digits, or at least to search if a matching number was available. Telus Mobility has had that option for as long as I can remember. Telus Mobility's options are even more advanced than Public Mobile had with the ability to search for numbers that are linked to good fortune. Telus also allows this during activation and in self serve, with Public Mobile previously only allowing this during activation.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@token 

I am not aware that you can get a custom number with any carriers.

I remember when I was with Bell that you have a choose of 4 or 5 numbers to chose from and I couldn’t pick my own number.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @token 

Using the SIMon chatbot to the bottom right yields the following results when asking to "Choose Number", so it appears there is a way.  Might be easiest to allow the system to choose a number for you first, then change the number afterwards (which you can do once/30 days if you wish):

"When you choose a new number, you have the option to customize the last four digits. 

After choosing your city (which determines your area code), you'll be presented with a list of numbers to choose from."

@token 

We could possibly help with searching some numbers for you so you have an idea of whats available in the city/area code and your preference for the exchange and what you are looking for in the last four digits (sequential 6789 or repetitive 5566 or very specific?)

You can do this yourself without completing the activation but abandoning it on the choose a phone number page but there will be a 50 minute session lock out that you have to wait out before you could use the sim card again to activate so if you did find the number you want you would have to snag it and get the rest of your activation completed quickly so have all your payment details etc... ready to be entered.

@token wrote:

ok tk u. Can you tell me how to ask the moderators tpo help me with this?

Do you have a referal code?

Others have been given the link to open a ticket. In theory, using the automated chat should get you a faster response then sending a direct provide message to the support team.  You might find your luck on searching for a phone number may vary from moderator to moderator, specifically if you make multiple requests to look for different sets of numbers.  Also, not all number combinations will always be available.  To get a number that you like, you'll likely have to activate a different number first because moderators cannot assign a phone number to an account that has not yet been opened, although there is no guarantee of getting the number that you're hoping for.  It's also possible that while you're performing the activation steps, you might find a number that you like.

@token 

Do you need help activating? Help choosing a phone number since you can't customize one?

Be sure to keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop indicating a message from the moderators ( or other members). Responding promptly will speed up service times. 

You likely won't get a response til morning so you are stuck with us for help tonight.

@token 

To contact moderator via 2 methods:

1. Ticketing system - faster response time

Click on the chat bubble icon on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

or

2 Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@token Contact the Moderators by opening a ticket here >https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

token
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

ok tk u. Can you tell me how to ask the moderators tpo help me with this?

Do you have a referal code?

@token wrote:

In the description of starting service it says there is an option to search for the last four digits that  I want.

"you’ll have to choose your city and province to get an area code. You can also select the option to customize the last 4 digits of your number".

But when I tried to do that I did not see that option.

A chat lady said I may have to contact a moderator to get help with that

anyone have any ideas?

Tk u

There have been some fairly recent changes to the activation website. To my knowledge, the option is no longer available.

Need Help? Let's chat.