cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current TELUS customers

KimberlyKost
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m thinking I know the answer but it’s always best to ask anyways...currently myself and hubby are TELUS customers. Both of us have a phone one year into the 2 year contract. I suppose if we want to use Public Mobile, even though it’s a subsidiary of TELUS, we will need to pay out the balances due?

8 REPLIES 8

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@KimberlyKost Yes you would be responsible for all remaining balances and any potential cancellation fees associated with your account.  Unless you're no longer on a contract then you can cancel at any time.  Telus will pro-rate your final balance.  However before making the switch be sure to check that your phone is compatible in the PM phone search tool that PM offers.  I know you're coming from Telus so your phones should be fine anyways.  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@KimberlyKost wrote:

I’m thinking I know the answer but it’s always best to ask anyways...currently myself and hubby are TELUS customers. Both of us have a phone one year into the 2 year contract. I suppose if we want to use Public Mobile, even though it’s a subsidiary of TELUS, we will need to pay out the balances due?

The simple answer...is do the math. With 6 months left at fido with their crazy overage fees and roll over top ups etc... it was a savings of almost 50% on the just the fido included plan to buy out the phone and switch to pm with the same features in the plan and no overages. But you both have a year to go and depending on the cost of your device it will probably be better to stay as the device subsidy can be a deal while on the plan but costly when buying it out. Let's say $1200 that's $50 a month + they charge full tax on early cancellation. $600+$144(in bc) how much is your plan?  $90 a month at the most? A buy out now would make the subsidy $62 so your plan at telus is $28. It probably has more features than the $25 plan at pm. Wait it out and we will see you in a year... when your plan is still $90 but you own your phone.

As of December 2017, there are no cancellation fees.  The only costs due are those related to unbilled usage, and device subsidies.

There are no fees to break a contract for wireless services.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@KimberlyKost wrote:

Yes absolutely you would have cancellation charges based on the inflated Telus Price of the Device.  Now weather you pay it or not that is entirely up to you. 

DL888
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You are correct...if you contact Telus they'll be able to tell you the $

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@KimberlyKost  as mentioned it's best to call and see what the cost is of getting out of your term.  I then would  calculate the cost of remaining with telus per line (telus plan cost x 12) VS moving to pm (pm plan cost (after rewards) x12 + telus device subsidy)   you might find it cheaper to stay with telus or to move to public.  

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

If you call Telus, they will give you the terms of ending your contact, however these will likely negate any savings you may see from switching to PM. 

We'll be here for you in 12 months tho.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You would be responsible with cancellation fees.

If you cancel your service or if TELUS cancels it for reasons justified under the Service Terms, you remain responsible for any applicable cancellation charges and for all amounts chargeable to your account up to the time the service is cancelled. Recurring charges such as your monthly plan and add-ons will be prorated to reflect only the portion of the month in which your wireless service was still active.

Need Help? Let's chat.