cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit usage & change in pmt

CA10
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I signed up last week to Public Mobile. I show a $12 cr on my account...how do I use that towards my bill (PAP) when they already took out the amount prior to the credit when I joined? How can it be used in future... 

Second question, I purchased the SIM using my AMEX cc. Then when time came to create acct and use the public mobile service I tried several times to input my AMEX inforamtion for my PAP preferred payment method and it would only take my VISA.  How do I use my AMEX instead? 

Thanks so much! Have a great week 🙂

17 REPLIES 17

CA10

Thank you for the heads up. I get pts no matter what but depending on the amount of pts might reflect this service type.

Thanks again. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CA10 wrote:

That worked my CR went up an extra $1.  This means the AMEX is working properly .

CA

Be aware and on the lookout at your first renewal that AMEX *might* not look at this place as a pre-authorized payment for getting points (or maybe bonus points). It *might* just be any other purchase.

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@CA10 wrote:

that is a great idea...I will do that under the make one time pmt but that will not remove the PAP correct?

Making manual payment from a registered credit card wouldn't remove the PAC/P.  In order to get the $2 PAC discount your payments don't have to go through Auto Pay. As long as you have a card on file you will get the discount even if you were to manually add money via your registered credit card

CA10

That worked my CR went up an extra $1.  This means the AMEX is working properly .

CA

@CA10 wrote:

that is a great idea...I will do that under the make one time pmt but that will not remove the PAP correct?

Correct.

CA10

@CA10 wrote:

Thank you I just tried replacing the current cc per someone elses suggestion and it worked. I live in a house and my bills are all for my single dwelling so I was confused as to why it would not accept but at it appears good now 🙂 THANKS! 

@CA10  A good test to make sure the AMEX will work is to make a onetime payment to your account for $1.00. If it goes through then the credit in your account will increase by $1.00 and it means that everything was entered correctly.

CA10

Thanks for your answers.

CA

CA10

Thank you 🙂

CA10

Thank you I just tried replacing the current cc per someone elses suggestion and it worked. I live in a house and my bills are all for my single dwelling so I was confused as to why it would not accept but at it appears good now 🙂 THANKS! 

CA10

Hi,

Thanks so very much! That worked - the only modification I did was instead of REMOVE (which it said would take off my PAP "auto-pay" function), I selected REPLACE cc and then I entered the AMEX and it accepted.  When I went back in to review, the correct card shows.  So since the inital amount was taken from my visa that will not reflect any change to this new revision for my AMEX cc going forward for May PAP and going forward correct?

Thanks again 🙂

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mimmo wrote:

The system on renewal converts rewards to available funds, then applies available funds to reduce amount owing, and then the difference is charged to your credit card. It's all done automaticallty.

As for Amex, the self serve system might not accept Amex for autopay. I will have to check the knowledge base to confirm

Edit Amex is accepted:   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Activate/ta-p/251824

You might need to follow some of the tricks listed in the article under paymemts 

@mimmo 

I am using AmEx with my PM autopay.

@CA10 

Try to setup autopay again.  Make sure the address matching the address on your statement.  If you live in multi-unit building, don't provide the unit number.  Just the building number.  

@CA10 wrote:

Thank you for your prompt reply.

So for my next month's bill the $12 CR will be reduced from the PAP amount or do you mean on renewal after one year?

Rnewals at PM are 30 or 90 days.

Thank you fo rlooking into the AMEX also - I would rather gain my pts from using that cc.

AMEX is accepted because I'm using it.

CA 

CA10

Thank you for your prompt reply.

So for my next month's bill the $12 CR will be reduced from the PAP amount or do you mean on renewal after one year?

Thank you fo rlooking into the AMEX also - I would rather gain my pts from using that cc.

CA 

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@CA10 wrote:

Hello,

I signed up last week to Public Mobile. I show a $12 cr on my account...how do I use that towards my bill (PAP) when they already took out the amount prior to the credit when I joined? How can it be used in future... 

Second question, I purchased the SIM using my AMEX cc. Then when time came to create acct and use the public mobile service I tried several times to input my AMEX inforamtion for my PAP preferred payment method and it would only take my VISA.  How do I use my AMEX instead? 

At your next renewable date PM will take available funds first in your account for instance $12.

PM probably won't accept AMEX payment. You have to use VISA, MasterCard to pay.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@CA10 wrote:

Hello,

@CA10  The way it works is that the $12.00 credit will get automatically applied to your next renewal and you will get charged only the difference if more funds are required to cover your plan renewal. As for the AMEX it should work. Just login into your selfserve account. 

1) click Payment & add-on tab.
2) Below "One Time Payment" and "Manage Auto Pay" options there is a very small link
"Manage my card - Update or remove my Credit or Visa debit card"
3) two options are available: "Replace this credit card" and "Remove this credit card"

Use "Remove this credit card" and add the AMEX. 

Try no spaces for postal code. Do not use the unit number. If it still doesn't work. Contact the Public Mobile team by clcicking here.

The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern).

Hope this helps!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

The system on renewal converts rewards to available funds, then applies available funds to reduce amount owing, and then the difference is charged to your credit card. It's all done automaticallty.

As for Amex, the self serve system might not accept Amex for autopay. I will have to check the knowledge base to confirm

Edit Amex is accepted:   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Activate/ta-p/251824

You might need to follow some of the tricks listed in the article under paymemts 

Need Help? Let's chat.