cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card won't process to set up new plan

dreisler
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Help! I set up one of my family phones last night with my cc# and tried to do another one and it wouldn't work. Any ideas??

7 REPLIES 7

dreisler
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for your help everyone! I used my VISA debit card instead and it worked. Weird issue...

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@dreisler wrote:

Help! I set up one of my family phones last night with my cc# and tried to do another one and it wouldn't work. Any ideas??

@dreisler  When you are setting up the second account you are using a different email correct? My understanding is the PM made changes to their credit card management procedure so it's possible that a cc lock was triggered and needs to be reset. If you tried the other recommendations and are still having problems it's best to notify the Public Mobile team directly to resolve the issue. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Try Google Chrome in incognito mode.... that has worked for many.

Good luck!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try waiting a few hours before trying to login.  Logging into the self serve during peak hours can be slow so it would be best to wait.  If you still have problems then contact a moderator.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@dreisler, apart from suggestions already given, the self serve system seems to not like repeat use of the same credit card.  I ran into the issue when I first joined.  The issue cropped up at account #3.  Not sure if this problem is resolved or not.  Hopefully the other strategies work. 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@dreisler wrote:

You could have more chance with using a different browser or on incognito mode.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@dreislerMake sure all the particulars ie card member's name etc are exact.. You should try it again later, as there might be secret security locks etc as regular Public Mobile users we don't know.. or use another credit card (my prefereed solution).

Credit card payments is a known quirk with Public Mobile. Since I assume you are a new user.. welcome to Public Mobile.. also read up on autopay problems and devise some kind of backup plans in case it happens to you.. it is probably several hundred thousands to 1 chance.. but it is always good to prepared.

Need Help? Let's chat.