cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creat an account

Burke46
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Set up new service yesterday. Successfully ported my Koodo number. My phone can make and receive calls. Tried to create an account. Typed in my cell number and an error message came up saying the number is invalid. How can I fix?

15 REPLIES 15

Okay, as I already have a self-serve account, and I didn't activate in store to create my account, I still think you already have done so, as when I attempt the registration with my current phone number, I'm getting the same error you're getting.

I think the store has already set you up, but possibly has made an entry error on your email address or password, if you haven't had luck just signing in with the info you provided the store.

Burke46

I currently only have a community username/ password account set up. My User Profile was set up by the store retailer so that I could get a phone service plan and port in my old Koodo number. Of course that all took place successfully so I have an active phone service. Now I am trying to set up my Self Serve online account so I can manage my service and monthly payments. This is where I am having a problem. 

@Burke46, what are you considering is your user profile?  To be honest, I've never heard this term here before.

I have a total of 3 username/email and password combinations here: 1 for SIM online purchases, 1 for this community, and 1 for my self-serve.

As you say you gave the clerk an email and password, it sounds like you're speaking about the self-serve, and it may already be set up for you.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Burke46 wrote:

The retailer did set up my user profile and I am trying to set up my self serve online account. I appreciate all the helpful comments but I am still unable to create my self serve account. Would the retailer have had to use a password with my e mail in order to set up my user profile?

Did you provide a password at store?

If not, the store rep did not create a self-serve account for you.

Burke46

The retailer did set up my user profile and I am trying to set up my self serve online account. I appreciate all the helpful comments but I am still unable to create my self serve account. Would the retailer have had to use a password with my e mail in order to set up my user profile?

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I still think he already has a user profile, due to the fact that he is getting the invalid number message, he provided the retailer with an email address, and he provided the retailer with a 4 digit code (which I assume is his chosen PIN).

GC

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Burke46 wrote:

The store clerk activated account and also had the Koodo number ported to PM.

You activated your PM plan in-store.  Am I right?

Are you getting invalid phone number using the folloing form?

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

What is the phone number showing on your phone settings?

If the number is correct, restart your browser and try to create your self-serve account.

GreatCanadian

@Burke46 wrote:

Set up new service yesterday. Successfully ported my Koodo number. My phone can make and receive calls. Tried to create an account. Typed in my cell number and an error message came up saying the number is invalid. How can I fix?

Are you entering the cell number with just the 10 digits and no spaces?

Dunkgirl

@GreatCanadian wrote:

If the phone is working, then a SIM is activated. The very first step to activating a SIM is "account setup". You enter the sim card code, your email address, password, PIN, all on this one page. Can't bypass that page. So, yes, he has a profile (and self-serve account) set up.

GC

@GreatCanadianIn store customer service representatives using their activation portal are able to get a service up and running without a self-serve account. There is a reason the self registration exists for people who have a valid activated sim but no self-serve account. It is rare, but it has happend to other users here in this forum. The self-regisration here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/ exists for these rare cases. I am not saying it is the case, but its possible with in store activations.

Burke46

I did give the store clerk my e mail address which he used to set up the account. Not sure what he used as a password. Also gave him a four digit code.

GreatCanadian

If the phone is working, then a SIM is activated. The very first step to activating a SIM is "account setup". You enter the sim card code, your email address, password, PIN, all on this one page. Can't bypass that page. So, yes, he has a profile (and self-serve account) set up.

GC

He just posted that a retailer set it up, so yeah, it's possible he doesn't have a self-serve account.

Burke46

The store clerk activated account and also had the Koodo number ported to PM.

Dunkgirl

@GreatCanadian wrote:

You say your phone is working, therefore you already have a Public Mobile account. If you set it up online yourself you would have had to provide an email address and password. If you had someone in-store set it up, then they would have asked you for that information. That's why your "number is invalid". It's already associated with your profile that has already been created.

GC

@GreatCanadianThat is not correct. There is a reason this link https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/ exists. In most cases a self-serve account is created, but not always.

GreatCanadian

You say your phone is working, therefore you already have a Public Mobile account. If you set it up online yourself you would have had to provide an email address and password.  That's why your "number is invalid". It's already associated with your profile that has already been created.

Therefore you either have to remember what credentials you used to create your profile (email and password), or see if Walmart (or whatever store you had it activated at) wrote it down on paper for you. 

GC

Dunkgirl

@Burke46 wrote:

@Burke46Did you activate at the store or yourself online?

Are you trying to activate a self-serve here? https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/ and the message you get is "* The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click here." ?

If you have attempted the password reset to the e-mail you or the store would have set up and also get an error then there is not much you can do but contact the moderator team and explain what is going on Click this to message them.

Need Help? Let's chat.