cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage in Bowmanville

John_N
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does anyone have experience with PM in Bowmanville?

I am finding that the coverage is not great.  I have had both Fido and Virgin before without significant issues, but I am finding PM coverage to be very weak in some locations.  

For example, I am currently getting signal at -105dbm to -113dbm, which is very low.  

I have also experienced this in Burlington over this last weekend.  

Is the coverage poor in some towns?

Is it possible I am not set up correctly to use the proper towers or services of PM?

3 REPLIES 3

John_N
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

From what I can see it should work.

The phone I am using is an ASUS Zenfone 4 Max.  It supports the following:

FDD-LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 26, 28)

TD-LTE (Bands 38, 41)

WCDMA (Bands 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 19)

EDGE/GPRS/GSM (850, 900, 1800, 1900MHz)

According to Wikipedia, Telus supports:

Frequencies used on the Telus Mobility NetworkFrequency range Band number Protocol Class Status Note(s)

850 MHz CLR5UMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+/DC-HSPA+3G/"4G"ActiveFallback for calls.
1,900 MHz PCS2UMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+/DC-HSPA+3G/"4G"ActiveFallback for calls.
850 MHz CLR5LTE4GActive / Being deployedUsed for extra bandwidth within cities and rural coverage. Only seen in British Columbia.[21]
1,900 MHz PCS2LTE / LTE Advanced4GActive / Being deployedSecondary LTE Band being deployed and used for LTE / LTE Advanced coverage.
700 MHz A/B/C/E12/13/17/29LTE / LTE Advanced4GActive / Being deployedMainly used in rural areas / rural coverage.
1,700/2,100 MHz AWS4LTE / LTE Advanced4GActiveMain LTE Band used across the country. Also being used to provide LTE Advanced coverage.
2,600 MHz IMT-E7LTE / LTE Advanced4GActive / Being deployedFound in select markets, but being developed slowly in new markets alongside to provide LTE Advancedcoverage.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@John_N, what specific part of Bowmanville are you located in?  I have friends who live in town and generally have not complained about poor service.  I only frequent the corridor along the highway and don't have coverage issues. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@John_N wrote:

Does anyone have experience with PM in Bowmanville?

I am finding that the coverage is not great.  I have had both Fido and Virgin before without significant issues, but I am finding PM coverage to be very weak in some locations.  

For example, I am currently getting signal at -105dbm to -113dbm, which is very low.  

I have also experienced this in Burlington over this last weekend.  

Is the coverage poor in some towns?

Is it possible I am not set up correctly to use the proper towers or services of PM?

Here is a great site that will give you cell tower locations http://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html.  What phone are you using?  I know you said you have used FIDO and Virgin and had no issues.  Virgin and PM would be using the same towers (Bell/Telus) but I am wondering if the phone you are using doesn't have the main bands that PM runs on.  Check out compatibility here willmyphonework.net.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.