cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coupon balance

OCONNOR
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have some amount on my account from the coupons, over the payment i made for my plan.How can i use this amount to pay my plan as i do not want to use my card untill this amount is drained.

The coupon is activated and amount is deposited in my account but this coupon expires in march so will this amount also expire in march?

15 REPLIES 15

@OCONNOR wrote:

so is there anyway i can source the funds back to my credit card 

@OCONNOR  Just keep the money in your PM account, if you plan on staying here it will slowly deplete the funds.

Having the funds already there means you will never have auto-payment failures. I actually have much more than $180 on my account and am happy to keep it there. I will always need a cell phone and having the money already on the account only ensures the account will stay active

@OCONNOR wrote:

There is no way to get a refund from available funds.  That is why it is recommended to not store a large amount of money in your account.  If you were given vouchers you would have been better off to sell them before you activated them.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@will13am wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@OCONNOR wrote:

so its okay if the amount is sitting there for 3 4 months right? @RobertQc 

Account funds do not expire.  However, a cell account is hardly a good alternate to a savings account.  Stuff happens sometimes.  BTW, it is important to keep the auto pay feature enabled even if payment from the credit card is not needed. 

@will13am  Sort of? They expire after 90 days if you do not use the account.This is an out of the ordinary example but you have $100 in your account. You click lost/stolen. You do not click "found" within 90 days. Your account and your funds have past the 90 day and are gone.

Also, if you have $8 in your account, and your plan is $10 with no auto pay, once the renewal fails the existing funds and account expire in 90 days unless you add more funds

Bin your examples into what I refer to as "stuff happens".  It is a catch all phrase.  It could even include a really good, can't pass up offer from a competing brand.  Now you are caught between a rock and a hard place.  I will say it again, a cellular account is not a good savings account. 

@will13am  Right, transferring out you forfeit all balance.

I know the cellular account is not a good savings account, but I have a heck of a lot more in mine than the op has in his 😉

@OCONNOR wrote:

Refunds are not offered.

Either way, you card will not be charged until all funds already in your account balance are used up.

@RobertQc wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@OCONNOR wrote:

Account funds do not expire.  However, a cell account is hardly a good alternate to a savings account.  Stuff happens sometimes.  BTW, it is important to keep the auto pay feature enabled even if payment from the credit card is not needed. 

@will13am  Sort of? They expire after 90 days if you do not use the account.This is an out of the ordinary example but you have $100 in your account. You click lost/stolen. You do not click "found" within 90 days. Your account and your funds have past the 90 day and are gone.

Also, if you have $8 in your account, and your plan is $10 with no auto pay, once the renewal fails the existing funds and account expire in 90 days unless you add more funds

Bin your examples into what I refer to as "stuff happens".  It is a catch all phrase.  It could even include a really good, can't pass up offer from a competing brand.  Now you are caught between a rock and a hard place.  I will say it again, a cellular account is not a good savings account. 

OCONNOR

@will13am wrote:

@OCONNOR wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@OCONNOR wrote:

its around 180 dollars i recived from coupons

Wow. Where'd you get these coupons? 🙂 Or do you mean vouchers?

The amount is sitting in your Available Funds right?

Each renewal will drop your balance down until empty then it'll try to take from autopay if setup.

If it's taking from autopay anyway then that's a problem.

@OCONNOR wrote:

So you received $180 in vouchers?  If you have put them into yout account they should sit in your Available Funds until fully consumed.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

OCONNOR

@OCONNOR wrote:

Account funds do not expire.  However, a cell account is hardly a good alternate to a savings account.  Stuff happens sometimes.  BTW, it is important to keep the auto pay feature enabled even if payment from the credit card is not needed.  The auto pay reward is earned even if no funds are taken from the credit card so long as the feature is enabled. 

@OCONNOR wrote:

@OCONNOR  What amounts?

There are certain credits that are used, then put right back on.

Example, autopay. Every renewal it takes that $2 and is converted to available funds then used against your payment due. But immediately it will show another $2 for next renewal.

Can you explain which credits / balance you are talking about. Maybe post a screen shot (but remove your personal details)

OCONNOR

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@OCONNOR wrote:

I have some amount on my account from the coupons, over the payment i made for my plan.How can i use this amount to pay my plan as i do not want to use my card untill this amount is drained.

The coupon is activated and amount is deposited in my account but this coupon expires in march so will this amount also expire in march?

Your account balance and rewards will be used before it charges your payment method.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@OCONNOR wrote:

I have some amount on my account over the payment i made for my plan.How can i use this amount to pay my plan as i do not want to use my card untill this amount is drained.

Upon renewal it will take any rewards earned (autpay, referral or community) then any available funds from your account and then anything left outstanding will be charged to a credit card if you have one on file.

Need Help? Let's chat.