cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couldn't get incoming call and massage

katherinechenca
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I actived my acount yesterday, and transfered my previous number from other carrier. But until now I still couldn't receive any phone call and message. please help.

5 REPLIES 5

goldilock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@katherinechenca 

Welcome to Public Mobile.  Which carrier are you switching from? It can take up to 2 days or longer (up to 7 days on average) if it is from a voip or landline. It is normal during the port process that you can not receive calls or texts on your "old" number because it is still tied to your old provider.You will be able to make calls and send texts in the meantime with your public mobile sim.  Your account with the old provider needs to be active and current to port the number over, and it's dependant on that company to release your number to public mobile, as to the reason for the delay. In the meantime, you can still keep your old sim in your phone and get calls. When the port is complete, public mobile will send you a text confiming it. 

Himanshu1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Porting can take some time 

It usually happens because you are midway through the porting process. Your best bet is to wait for another day

If you feel that the porting was successful but it is still not working, you could try restarting your phone (There is a slight chance of this working)

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

This may be be a normal limitation of the porting process. Is your old sim still active? If you put it in your phone do you receive calls and text.

If so, your port is just not complete yet. When it is your old sim will stop working, then you're PM sim should have full functionality.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@katherinechenca, which carrier did you port in from?  Was it a wireless carrier?  VOIP phone number transfers take much longer.  Wireless carrier transfers typically complete within about 2 hours.  Check the status of service with your old provider.  If it is still fully functional, you have a stuck port and will require moderator team assistance to resubmit the port.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.  Welcome to Public Mobile.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@katherinechenca wrote:

I actived my acount yesterday, and transfered my previous number from other carrier. But until now I still couldn't receive any phone call and message. please help.

It could mean porting process is still not quite complete so have a bit of patience and wait an hour or two.  You can meanwhile just reboot your phone and see if that helps. 

Welcome to PM:)

Need Help? Let's chat.